Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A rather racist joke!

A rather racist joke!

Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A rather racist joke!

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
And that pretty much sums it up, don't it.

Not at all.

But if you can then use logic, solid argument, persuasion, rational thought, whatever it takes to ‘show me the error of my ways’, then do so. But being dismissive certainly doesn’t do anyone any good and that includes you.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:22 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
And that pretty much sums it up, don't it.
This thread is tiresome, BE is not the right vehicle for the KKK mob.

Be gone vile beasts and take thy unpleasant tatty stinking baggage with thee.

Rich.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:23 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by snowgoose
I was sent this e-mail recently:

"Proud To Be White.....
Someone finally said it.....

How many are actually paying attention to this?
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" ... and that's OK.
But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi You have the NAACP.
You have BET.

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) .. we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists. If we had White History Month .. we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ...we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships .. you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US , yet if there were "White colleges" .. ...THAT would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride ...you call us racists.
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society ... you call him a racist.
I am proud.
But, you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?
There is nothing improper about this e-mail.

Let's see how many are proud enough to send it on"
What a load of rubbish. The whole reason these black, hispanic and so on organization exist is because the past has shown that they never had any power or real representation. I find it odd that while these groups were being treated as second class people that the masses had no problem, however once they began to organise the masses start to feel threatened. If the world was a fair place and every one truly equal then these organizations would very few if any members or support.

The e-mail above only tells me one thing, things havent changed that much and some still live in the hope that things will go back to the good old days where non-white knew there place and be grateful for what ever scraps they got from the table.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buzz365
What a load of rubbish. The whole reason these black, hispanic and so on organization exist is because the past has shown that they never had any power or real representation. I find it odd that while these groups were being treated as second class people that the masses had no problem, however once they began to organise the masses start to feel threatened. If the world was a fair place and every one truly equal then these organizations would very few if any members or support.

The e-mail above only tells me one thing, things havent changed that much and some still live in the hope that things will go back to the good old days where non-white knew there place and be grateful for what ever scraps they got from the table.

I do not agree witth you second para.

I do agree you certainly have a valid point in your first para.

Racism is a two way street. Racism in any form is wrong. But it is wrong for everybody. That to me was the whole point
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:33 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by montreal mike

Racism is a two way street. Racism in any form is wrong. But it is wrong for everybody. That to me was the whole point
hey i totally agree that it is wrong full stop.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Most interest groups eg Blck Workers Group where I used to work were happy to have others along to join them - you could probably join in a 'Hispanic' rally if you wanted to support them - so they're not necessarily racist but more consciousness raising groups.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:41 am
jedi in training

It would be very interesting to find out what kind of world the people who write this kind of rubbish want to live in?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally
Most interest groups eg Blck Workers Group where I used to work were happy to have others along to join them - you could probably join in a 'Hispanic' rally if you wanted to support them - so they're not necessarily racist but more consciousness raising groups.
Actually Sally if you read the lengthy email which was posted earlier, and this is the way I interpreted it, was not that whites necessarily wanted to have all the groups and organisations that the blacks and other minorities have, but that whites are sick and tired of being labeled racists whereas others aren't. I know from personal experience that racism isn't only confined to Caucasions. The earlier we all start admitting that simple fact the healthier things will be.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

It would be very interesting to find out what kind of world the people who write this kind of rubbish want to live in?
buzz365 .. The point is that in my view it isn't rubbish. If one reads it carefully one should be able to see truth in what is written. I know the topic is uncomfortable for some but it is a reality.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:50 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

buzz365 .. The point is that in my view it isn't rubbish. If one reads it carefully one should be able to see truth in what is written. I know the topic is uncomfortable for some but it is a reality.
Comfortable armchair company for the insecure WASP yearning for all those yesterdays when Johnny Foreigner and those coloured types knew their place ?

Did you know Alf Garnett was actually satire ? He was mocking ignorance, whether from the upper classes or the working class - now known as the underclass - you is either (working) middle class or (unwaged) underclass innit.

Rich
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:50 am
jedi in training

Actually Sally if you read the lengthy email which was posted earlier, and this is the way I interpreted it, was not that whites necessarily wanted to have all the groups and organisations that the blacks and other minorities have, but that whites are sick and tired of being labeled racists whereas others aren't. I know from personal experience that racism isn't only confined to Caucasions. The earlier we all start admitting that simple fact the healthier things will be.
But surely isnt it the whole point that white people dont need these groups because they have all that these groups seek? Maybe the fact that these groups need to exist proves that all are not treated as equal in the first place. I go back to what i said before if all was fair and equal then people would be laughing at these groups rather than joining them.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:54 am
jedi in training

i feel no discomfort with it. Like i say some things dont change.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

But surely isnt it the whole point that white people dont need these groups because they have all that these groups seek? Maybe the fact that these groups need to exist proves that all are not treated as equal in the first place. I go back to what i said before if all was fair and equal then people would be laughing at these groups rather than joining them.
Yes that is the point. Whites do not need these groups. Never did. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Fact is racism is universal. It is practised by many societies. In some countries, India for example, it is alive and well and thriving what with the Brahmins, who by virtue of their birth are born into the lucky superior class.

In the Sudan blacks are being raped and slaughtered by Arabs.

Need I give you more examples?

But back to North America. Would it not be refreshing for a well known black or hispanic leader to come right out and say 'we too can be racists'.

But I see that progress is on the way. Last summer, perhaps it was in 2005, when there were those awful gangland style shootings in Toronto, mainly amongst blacks, refreshingly we never hear cries of racism against whites.

To their credit the local community recognized it for what it was and that it had a major problem on its hands.

Last edited by montreal mike; Jan 8th 2007 at 2:36 am.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Comfortable armchair company for the insecure WASP yearning for all those yesterdays when Johnny Foreigner and those coloured types knew their place ?

Rich
Those days are dead. And that in my view wasn't the point of the earlier email posted
Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed take this to TIO forum to continue - its not really a canadian issue