Wikiposts

Rackoons!

Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

shoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really nice
Default Re: Rackoons!

Originally Posted by Gremmie
They grow to that size yes,,as to where they live it deppends whether they are city raccoons or country raccoons The city ones are not as tasty as the country ones,these have more of a "Wild" taste and are great off the BBQ in summer but dont confuse them with a skunk
Here in the UK we stick to boring old sausages on the barbie ha ha ha!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

shoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really niceshoequeen is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
In Toronto they grow to the size of small, but real, dogs. 40lbs maybe, not like chows or shitzus but smaller than Great Danes.
Do they have a taste for human flesh?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:49 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoequeen
Do they have a taste for human flesh?
No. They bite and bite nastily if approached but they don't seek out humans unless rabid. They are a threat to babies and cats though, I wouldn't leave a small child unattended in an urban backyard.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
No. They bite and bite nastily if approached but they don't seek out humans unless rabid. They are a threat to babies and cats though, I wouldn't leave a small child unattended in an urban backyard.
Whew .... thank goodness I don't have any of those!
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I just googled them...they can grow to 48lbs.....thats bigger than my dog
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the UK we stick to boring old sausages on the barbie ha ha ha!
Well you can buy those here too,,so you wont be missing anything then....
How some of you Britts manage to digest sawdust flavoured sausages i,ll never know
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Well you can buy those here too,,so you wont be missing anything then....
How some of you Britts manage to digest sawdust flavoured sausages i,ll never know
My local supermarket doesn't sell that variety - shame!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:53 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

If they get into your attic or garage they will be noisy pests and can cause a good deal of damage and then there's the smell. You really need to hire a pest control firm to trap and remove them. They can grow to the size of a medium sized dog and prove dangerous if cornered. Of course they are as cute as hell and sometimes you'll see them with offspring crossing the roads in sub-divisions. dbd33 is probably allowed to shoot them because he lives on a rural property/farm, but in Toronto, for example, they are protected and can only be trapped and moved.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I just googled them...they can grow to 48lbs.....thats bigger than my dog
Oh my goodness - is it rare to see a raccoon, because in all my travels coast to coast in North America I've never seen one!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
If they get into your attic or garage they will be noisy pests and can cause a good deal of damage and then there's the smell. You really need to hire a pest control firm to trap and remove them. They can grow to the size of a medium sized dog and prove dangerous if cornered. Of course they are as cute as hell and sometimes you'll see them with offspring crossing the roads in sub-divisions. dbd33 is probably allowed to shoot them because he lives on a rural property/farm, but in Toronto, for example, they are protected and can only be trapped and moved.
thanks - I had heard that they had a certain "aroma". I wouldn't go near any wildlife let alone shoot them. Chipmunks are cute though .... aren't they?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:56 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness - is it rare to see a raccoon, because in all my travels coast to coast in North America I've never seen one!
We've been to Canada at least 30 times in 20 yrs and i've only seen one....
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:58 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

thanks - I had heard that they had a certain "aroma". I wouldn't go near any wildlife let alone shoot them. Chipmunks are cute though .... aren't they?
Chipmunks are really cute
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:59 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
dbd33 is probably allowed to shoot them because he lives on a rural property/farm, but in Toronto, for example, they are protected and can only be trapped and moved.
Au contraire, they haven't been a problem to us in the country, the neighbour does shoot them, but more from whim than need. It was in Toronto that they were a huge problem and it's to urban life that my remarks refer.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:59 am
Assimilated Pauper

Chipmunks are cute though .... aren't they?
Yes. Buggers for eating bird seed and chicken feed but cute.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Chipmunks are really cute
Aren't they!!! My friend had a pair living under her shed, and they were really sweet. I think I will have to ask the real estate agent to find me a house with a couple of furry residents!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.