Racial abuse or not?

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racial abuse or not?

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Now I feel dirty I think I must have more English blood in me as I have never felt attracted to sheep unlike people from Yorkshire
That would be the same Yorkshire that's in the north of England Yorkshire blood is English blood. At least until the Yorkshire Seperatist Movement gets its act together. Still at least Yorkshire managed to ditch Hull.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 22nd 2012 at 7:11 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:04 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Actually if you travel up the M62 towards that never to be spoken of county beginning with Y then there is a farm that sits in the middle of the M62.
Ummm what's wrong with Yorks...I've always quite liked the place...
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:06 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
House Picture = Chinese NIMBYism at it's finest! Amazed that the authorities listened actually, they've been famous for bulldozing entire neighbourhoods.
That was when the state owned everything and the people had no legal right to hold out.

Now they just remove all the ground around the holdouts property so they lose their power and water.

Progress, right?

Im surprised that having accepted the compensation and the project started that the old couple were able to then change their minds and return the money.

The whole thing is bizarre however you look at it.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:07 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
That was when the state owned everything and

The whole thing is bizarre however you look at it.
Bizarre and a trifle unsafe!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

That be the same Yorkshire that's in the north of England
Thats the one. Thankfully the Pennines seperates us so one side is the North West and the other the North East. Sort of like Birkenhead & Liverpool.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:10 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

There's two things English people hate, racism and the Irish.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Another classic between the English and the Welsh

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ble-sheep.html

Utd fans did it to Leeds as well. Another one involving Carlisle and Shrewsbury though playing at the Gay Meadow Ground made me chuckle.
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/sh...erPath=/2.1692
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

But what is racism? Has it really been defined?
Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.[1][2][3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Are Scousers, Geordies, Cockneys etc etc a race or just part of the UK who have funny accents?
OYYYYY, play nice You're forgetting about that weird Lancaster accent of yours
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:14 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting conviction of racial abuse here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gistrates.html

Now I know for certain that some of us may have been guilty of this though I suspect most of us did it in a piss taking mood than being racist.
For years the English, Welsh, Scots & Irish have taken the piss out of each other but where is the line drawn in all of this.
Hell the English take the piss out of others from coming from a different part of the country.
So is it really racism or just some drunken lout.
Yes I take the piss out of Scousers, Cockneys, Geordies etc etc but I dont actually hate them and if truth be known I get on with them and the banter is just that.
Im not talking about the racism re religion, colour etc but is this going too far?
That's a joke but then how some judges interpret the law these days is a joke as well.

The complainer should have gotten a swift kick in the arse and told to get a thicker layer of skin.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:04 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13
That's a joke but then how some judges interpret the law these days is a joke as well.

The complainer should have gotten a swift kick in the arse and told to get a thicker layer of skin.
Notice that the complainant was Welsh and not English..reason why is because as we all know the English are far superior to the Welsh..its the equivalent of a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum trying to get mummy and daddy's attention and is just ignored.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend from Liverpool who says it's the capital of Ireland.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

scheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud of

Given that England and Wales are countries, rather then ethnic races, how can it be racist?

Besides, doesnt "drunk and disorderly", or "breach of the peace", or "possession of an offensive wife" usually cover this sort of thing?
The way the legislation was drafted "racial group" means "a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins"; that's why it would cover the circumstances of the case.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/37/section/28
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...thearticle linked to that page was a doozy...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...52_964x637.jpg
That certainly puts the Quebec Hydro pole in the middle of the road in its place.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:36 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I have a friend from Liverpool who says it's the capital of Ireland.
In competition with Glasgow.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:06 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
In competition with Glasgow.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.