a quick update!

Old May 6th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default a quick update!

we have been here in Kingston for 9 months now....carnt believe its that long only seems like a few weeks, in 8 weeks the girls have done a year at school!
we love it here, no chavs, no crime, (Kingston has just been voted the 3rd best place to live for crime, employment and cheap housing ect.)
we are in the process of buying our rental house, only $200.000 with a pool and 4 bedrooms finished basement and 3 bathrooms!
still carnt believe we are here, it took sooooo long to get here!
just the final paperwork like PR anyday now and we can stay here forever!!!
oh and i carnt wait for summer!!!!
Old May 6th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future
Default Re: a quick update!

We have just been here a week and seems like ages!! Arrived last Weds in Toronto on 1 year visa and hoping PR will be through before year is up.

Really enjoying Canadian life so far just need to get a house sorted and then will make everything so much easier (staying in hotel at moment!)

Good luck with the rest of your PR application! Think we have picked a good time to come as weather has been amazing so far!

Lucy
Old May 6th 2009, 1:46 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

wow - I know the grass is never greener on the other side - but doesn't it just feel great to "start over"

Well done both
Old May 6th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

believe me i dont think the grass will ever be greener in the UK ,
i have always thought that there was more to life and now ive found it!!
Old May 6th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Great to read. Glad it is going so well.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old May 6th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both. OMG how cheap is that house price!?!
Tina
Old May 6th 2009, 5:37 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walkerv05
we have been here in Kingston for 9 months now....carnt believe its that long only seems like a few weeks, in 8 weeks the girls have done a year at school!
we love it here, no chavs, no crime, (Kingston has just been voted the 3rd best place to live for crime, employment and cheap housing ect.)
we are in the process of buying our rental house, only $200.000 with a pool and 4 bedrooms finished basement and 3 bathrooms!
Nine months since both of us were on that flight from the UK, (delays, emergency landing, more delays and finally arrived a full 24 hours later.) God hasn't it whooshed by! We have also bought a house, not as cheap as yours though, we close on June 4th. I cannot wait, well apart from the packing/unpacking thing.

We also applied for PR ours was recieved in Sydney on the 21st April, it arrived back yesterday with a mistake to be corrected and I sent it back again this morning.

Good luck.

Charlie
Old May 6th 2009, 8:39 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

That is one cool city you are living in
sadly my OH could secure employment there, but maybe one day we head there again, love the place and always will, although i love it here in alberta now as well

Great post and good luck for a quick PR

LB
Old May 8th 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by purple80
Nine months since both of us were on that flight from the UK, (delays, emergency landing, more delays and finally arrived a full 24 hours later.) God hasn't it whooshed by! We have also bought a house, not as cheap as yours though, we close on June 4th. I cannot wait, well apart from the packing/unpacking thing.

We also applied for PR ours was recieved in Sydney on the 21st April, it arrived back yesterday with a mistake to be corrected and I sent it back again this morning.

Good luck.

Charlie
great to here from you purple80! yer time does fly when your havin fun ! oh and working hard ;-/
how is your work going? do i remember that you wernt happy??
Old May 9th 2009, 12:42 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

great to here from you purple80! yer time does fly when your havin fun ! oh and working hard ;-/
how is your work going? do i remember that you wernt happy??
Still not very happy at Canadian Tire, but it's a start, PR will improve matters I can then go back to college.

In all life is good, glad all is ok with you and yours.

Charlie