Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A quick comment about this forum and where I would be without it

A quick comment about this forum and where I would be without it

Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:00 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick comment about this forum and where I would be without it

Was it not Oscar Wilde who said the only thing worse than being talked about was NOT being talked about....
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:05 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Was it not Oscar Wilde who said the only thing worse than being talked about was NOT being talked about....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxXW6tfl2Y0
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

A classic!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
With, of course, all the respect due to your lofty position, Sue, would you please excuse me while I reach for the sick bag? That amount of saccharine at this hour of the morning is a bit overwhelming
Well sentiment or not, to me BE is my baby and always will be. I have seen people go through many situations over the past 9 years on this site and when you are that involved with something it becomes part of your life.

Don't be such a misery guts

Oh and sorry all out of sick bags, but I've got a bucket if it will help.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Complete with that odd uncle with the history of mental illness that no one ever likes to talk about...
Yep and the distant Aunt that you only see at weddings and funerals
Old Jul 16th 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Well sentiment or not, to me BE is my baby and always will be. I have seen people go through many situations over the past 9 years on this site and when you are that involved with something it becomes part of your life.

And a proud mum you should be.......9 years I hadn't realised BE had been around that long!!!

I have been a member for over 5 years and in the beginning found it such a help.
Now five years on, I still log on most days as I do feel part of a big cyber family that and I am a nosey bugger!!!!

Ok enough of the mushy, stuff.

Linda
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:10 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue

9 years! That's a long time logging the utterly pointless drivel posted by bored expats either flaming or flirting with each other. You must be so proud...

(please don't ban me - i even added a smiley, look )
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You must be so proud...
More like a little crazy
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Going off on a tangent here...but this is my all time favourite.

Believe me, I've met people 'oop north like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSzPGrazPo
Old Jul 17th 2009, 5:34 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petepete99
I have just read a recent thread on this forum, I'm not going to mention anything in detail but it involves toilet seats lol.

I'd just like to say well done to the people that came up with the idea of BritishExpats, and better yet to all the members of the Canadian entity that have answered my threads in the past (including of course AlbertaBound who helped me with some LMO exemption letters, they are proving to be priceless). You have all been extremely helpful and the moderators are top notch.

The reason I would like to extend my gratitude is simple. There seems to be a few people on this forum that are complaining about members being sarcastic and rude when replying to threads. What do you expect? It's an internet forum for crying out loud! I would not expect it to be any other way and neither should you.

If this site didn't exist I'd be at a loss, and probably wouldn't have even pursued a move to Montreal! Just remember, this is a FREE website, if you're unhappy speak to a moderator but don't bitch about other people publicly, it doesn't stand you in good light! If you want a public service in which people are obligated to help you without witty banter and humour, then get your wallet out!

Thanks BritishExpats members!!! Will see you on the other side!!!
What a nice thread.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:21 am
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

9 years! That's a long time logging the utterly pointless drivel posted by bored expats either flaming or flirting with each other. You must be so proud...

(please don't ban me - i even added a smiley, look )
Hey Alan, I've been looking at some of your posts and must confess, your dry gravelly humor does make me laugh my tits off, more so when I've had a few.

Keep it up
Old Jul 19th 2009, 4:41 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony the pilot
Hey Alan, I've been looking at some of your posts and must confess, your dry gravelly humor does make me laugh my tits off, more so when I've had a few.

Keep it up
Even if you are taking the piss i'm going to take that as a compliment, so thank you
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:17 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

Even if you are taking the piss i'm going to take that as a compliment, so thank you
Not taking the piss, I think you may have missed your vocation!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:23 pm

Hardly - most people that know me think i'm an unfunny sarcastic c***.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 19th 2009 at 5:32 pm. Reason: sorry, but even with a star we can work that one out and it's just too offensive, so I've added a couple more!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Beck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud ofBeck77 has much to be proud of

Seconded! You're out voted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.