question

Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:53 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute
Default question

how much should you pay for a 13 year old to have her hair trimmed and a blue highlights done as my 13 year old had them done yesterday and we were charged $147.thats $30 an hour and yes she was kept in there for 3 hours and OH was going nuts we thought around $50 would be about right but not $147 thats a full days pay my OH works for are we right or wrong to moan,I have heard so much about hairdressers over here but $147 oh la la.I think from now on it will be a short back and bolt
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:57 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question

Originally Posted by kate white
how much should you pay for a 13 year old to have her hair trimmed and a blue highlights done as my 13 year old had them done yesterday and we were charged $147.thats $30 an hour and yes she was kept in there for 3 hours and OH was going nuts we thought around $50 would be about right but not $147 thats a full days pay my OH works for are we right or wrong to moan,I have heard so much about hairdressers over here but $147 oh la la.I think from now on it will be a short back and bolt
Not sure what the age of the individual getting their hair cut has to do with the matter - would it have been any faster for a 19yr old? I guess you should have asked beforehand what the cost was going to be, else there's a chance you'll get scalped
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:06 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

O WOW kate, where did she go??

it just cost me £8.50 for mine and daughter, but i do it ourselfs
But if we went to local hairdressers its around 35-40 quid, in the saloons its near 70-80 so it looks like she opted for the posh one

i think no spending money for her for a wee while
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:09 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Mal's first haircut (number 4 on top and 2 on sides) cost him $15, he now waits til our friend gets home and he shaves it for him.

I pay $15 for a dry cut in Ultracuts and get a free haircut after the 6th cut. I like Ultracuts cos the prices are in reception so you should know what you're getting, they have a few staff working so take walk-ins and their coffee is good.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:33 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My hairdresser charges me $80 for ordinary highlights, he still uses a cap, but he is English and knows what I'm talking about It takes two hours. He rents the cahir in the salon so charges what he needs to make ( I think I get a little discount as I'm English)..For a usual haircut he charges $20 - $25 for a cut and blow dry.

$150 seems about right to me from a salon - especially if foils are being used. One of the reason I say to my daighter - you can have highlights if your willing to pay the extra - she is 13 years old and isn't willing to cough up the extra $60 at this time!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:35 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

she got her hair cut in Lloyd mall and she had her hair cut there before and it was only $20 I guess we should have asked before hand,we live and learn as they say my OH is still not a happy chappy about it and I dont blame him.he works up to 14 hour shifts to make that sort of money up and its gone in one hair cut ouch thats soar
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:39 pm
Lloydminster AB

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
My hairdresser charges me $80 for ordinary highlights, he still uses a cap, but he is English and knows what I'm talking about It takes two hours. He rents the cahir in the salon so charges what he needs to make ( I think I get a little discount as I'm English)..For a usual haircut he charges $20 - $25 for a cut and blow dry.

$150 seems about right to me from a salon - especially if foils are being used. One of the reason I say to my daighter - you can have highlights if your willing to pay the extra - she is 13 years old and isn't willing to cough up the extra $60 at this time!
my daughter did have the foil used and noway could she afford to pay the extra $s she cant get a part time job as we are told we have to wait until we get our national ins number first
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:26 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I get my hair cut, coloured all over and use 5 foils for small highlights through the top and it costs me $85 from the salon in Sears. Colour only needs to be on for 20 minutes as it does not develop further after that time. I am usually in the salon for about 1.5 hours

$147 is really expensive and 3 hours seems like a long time too
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:55 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

$147 sounds about right to me. I had highlits and lowlites (foil) and a cut and blow dry and with tip it would cost me around $150. Just changed as got bored of being blonde and my last cut and colour on Friday cost me $150ish with tip included. I am normally in and out in 2 hours though, 3 hours does seem a bit excessive though.

Hope hubby isn't reading this, never tell him how much I spend
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:36 am
Lloydminster AB

yeah 3 hours was a long time waiting for her to come out and had no choice but to get the cash off him, I left my bag in the car so had to ask OH for the cash and boy did he go nuts I still think for a child $147 is a bit steep and dread to think what a adult would be charged
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

yeah 3 hours was a long time waiting for her to come out and had no choice but to get the cash off him, I left my bag in the car so had to ask OH for the cash and boy did he go nuts I still think for a child $147 is a bit steep and dread to think what a adult would be charged
Hi Kate

Could this possibly help?

Why not get a non Brit to phone up & ask for similar to what your daughter had done & also an idea of the price?

Maybe chat & ask does foil cost more? Colors are all the same price aren't they? That sort of thing.

Don't mention the color of your daughters highlights as they might think its a bit odd?

Over here Hairdressers have to be licenced, i would check, taking 3 hours is fine but is that because she is slow with foil?

Whats the worse that can happen, you confirm all is in order & you will not be going there again, or they refund $50
If i lived near you i would phone! problem is i still sound like a Brit!
I can't even do a Nova Scotian accent without being looked at like a crazy bird!

NovaGirl
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I once paid sth like 340 or 380 CAD in a crappy little salon in Winnipeg that was next to a military base and as far as I could make out, mainly did buzz cuts... they must have seen me coming.

Roots and/or highlights and a trim is about 60-70-80 I think here, although I've paid over a hundred here too (and got red stripes for it that set off a disastrous chain of failed home cover-ups ).

147 doesn't sound wildly out, I don't think there are kids rates for things like that - it's the same work, same amount of product needed...
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

A friend on mine when we were at school put Henna in her hair, that stinky, dark stuff.

Bless her she went into shock!

She was now officially a copper top, if natural that would of been fine. Off she went to the Chemist to dye it dark brown. She stopped colouring her hair for a while.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

I am so glad that my haircuts don't cost me anything.

For years now, I have been cutting OH's hair, and he cuts mine. We both have a number 8. I love it. I usd to have a number 6, but that was when I was younger.

Couldn't see myself any other way. Tried it and hated it.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:09 am
Banned

swiggy1030 will become famous soon enoughswiggy1030 will become famous soon enough

about 3 billion in your case,course you could quit smoking for a weak Kate,eeekkk!