Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Property Management in Calgary.

Property Management in Calgary.

Old Nov 6th 2011, 12:51 am
Former Widnesian

stejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Property Management in Calgary.

We live in Calgary and are possibly going overseas in the new year for approx 3-6 months with my job, and would ideally like to leave our house empty - not sure we want to rent it for fear of coming back to numerous repairs.

To maintain home insurance cover while we are away, our insurance company have said that we need to have somebody check in on the house every three days. We were thinking of a property management company. Has anybody ever used a property management company to periodically check in on your house while you have been away? Does a service like this even exist?

Any advice and/or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:13 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Management in Calgary.

What about house security from a house sitting company? It may be cheaper and they could water your plants and forward your mail too.. there are lots advertising on google

Here's just a few..

http://www.calgary-house-sitter.info/

http://www.jigiddyjig.com/Profession...e-Sitting.html

http://certifiedhomesitters.ca/housesittingcalgary.html

http://sitstay.ca/index.php?option=c...d=69&Itemid=63

Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

headingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stejill
We live in Calgary and are possibly going overseas in the new year for approx 3-6 months with my job, and would ideally like to leave our house empty - not sure we want to rent it for fear of coming back to numerous repairs.

To maintain home insurance cover while we are away, our insurance company have said that we need to have somebody check in on the house every three days. We were thinking of a property management company. Has anybody ever used a property management company to periodically check in on your house while you have been away? Does a service like this even exist?

Any advice and/or experience would be greatly appreciated.
i own a series of rental properties in calgary and use these guys, rent it out and get some income? I have used a number of different rental agents in the UK and now calgary, these guys are very professional, best of the bunch I have used:
www.powerproperties.net
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:10 pm
Former Widnesian

stejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond reputestejill has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for your responses to this thread. I wasn't aware that businesses that house sit even existed - certainly worth exploring.

Thanks also for the link to the rental property management company - even though we didn't really want to rent our family home, it may actually be the way we go.

Thanks again.