Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Primark in storm over conditions

Wikiposts

Primark in storm over conditions

Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Primark in storm over conditions

Britain's high street fashion giant Primark was at the centre of a storm last night over allegations that illegal immigrants paid just over half the minimum wage had been employed to make fashionable knitwear for one of the firm's bestselling ranges.

The Guardian.

Perhaps I've been away too long....but Fashion and Primark in the same sentence?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primark in storm over conditions

You haven't seen what people/kids have been wearing in the UK recently then??

Saying that, i have brought some nice clothes from Primark ... you are only able to wear/wash them twice before they fall apart .. lol
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not since 2004. I've bought the odd thing in there before too, but I wouldn't describe it as fashionable.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Its all about the look .. lmao .. their skinny jeans with their rolls of fat hanging out (its called a muffin top if you didnt know), their skimpy tops and their Ugg boots lookalike (5/6GBP primark) .. think trailor trash with to much make-up .. lol .. oh someone tomorrow will be pi**ed with me for saying that

That is in Leicester anyway .. and im not stereotyping everyone in Leicester ..

Just thinking though .. primark is cheap all year round .. me and the bargain hunters i used to work with, would just wait until the M&S sale and go crazy .. the prices then are somewhat similar to Primark and the quality so much better ..

Last edited by sas-lou; Jan 10th 2009 at 4:00 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:13 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sas-lou
Its all about the look .. lmao .. their skinny jeans with their rolls of fat hanging out (its called a muffin top if you didnt know), their skimpy tops and their Ugg boots lookalike (5/6GBP primark) .. think trailor trash with to much make-up .. lol .. oh someone tomorrow will be pi**ed with me for saying that

That is in Leicester anyway .. and im not stereotyping everyone in Leicester ..

Just thinking though .. primark is cheap all year round .. me and the bargain hunters i used to work with, would just wait until the M&S sale and go crazy .. the prices then are somewhat similar to Primark and the quality so much better ..
The Primark in Leicester is monstrous. My first (last) trip there, after 30 mins of fighting our way through the chavs chucking clothes everywhere, I fled when I heard there was a second floor.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
The Primark in Leicester is monstrous. My first (last) trip there, after 30 mins of fighting our way through the chavs chucking clothes everywhere, I fled when I heard there was a second floor.
Sounds very similar to Primark in Belfast (or Premark as everyone in NI called it) I walked in took one look and walked straight back out again.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:49 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Sounds very similar to Primark in Belfast (or Premark as everyone in NI called it) I walked in took one look and walked straight back out again.
lol....thats so true....I can't be arsed to trawl through all that tat, can't see why kids would either...mind you I have bought gloves in it....once
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
lol....thats so true....I can't be arsed to trawl through all that tat, can't see why kids would either...mind you I have bought gloves in it....once
Actually I had to buy a pair of jeans in it the other week. I went for a night out in Belfast and stayed over at my Brothers place. Anyway the next morning I start getting dressed to go and get the train home and realised all I have to wear is either a sparkly mini-dress or my PJ's. So I ended up walk through Belfast on a Saturday morning in my black satin PJ's. I ran into Primark and managed to get a pair of black jeans for 7 quid to end my embarrassment
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:03 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I had to buy a pair of jeans in it the other week. I went for a night out in Belfast and stayed over at my Brothers place. Anyway the next morning I start getting dressed to go and get the train home and realised all I have to wear is either a sparkly mini-dress or my PJ's. So I ended up walk through Belfast on a Saturday morning in my black satin PJ's. I ran into Primark and managed to get a pair of black jeans for 7 quid to end my embarrassment
You should have stayed on your PJ's.....you'd have fitted right in..

7 quid for jeans....
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

englishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really niceenglishintruder is just really nice

Dont mean to sound cruel but at least Primark is creating jobs for these people, and lets face it if it was done in the UK with Higher wages, Primark would be charging more.
Well all like a bargain and for the price of young kids clothes that my kids go through like nobodys business
Sure this was in the news about a year ago?????
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:28 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishintruder
Dont mean to sound cruel but at least Primark is creating jobs for these people, and lets face it if it was done in the UK with Higher wages, Primark would be charging more.
Well all like a bargain and for the price of young kids clothes that my kids go through like nobodys business
Sure this was in the news about a year ago?????
Let's see if you are still saying that when you are an immigrant here, looking for work, and can only find minimum wage or cash in hand jobs.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:47 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
7 quid for jeans....
I paid $10 for a pair a month ago.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I paid $10 for a pair a month ago.
sounds like I was ripped off, this country has gone to the dogs I tells ya
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:23 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

all I have to wear is either a sparkly mini-dress or my PJ's.

Ah, the walk of shame.

So I ended up walk through Belfast on a Saturday morning in my black satin PJ's.

You are a brave, brave lady.
I agree that Preeemark is a nightmare to shop in, but I should stick up for it a little. For many years, Primark was the only reason I had clothes! It's great for work clothes, cheap blouses and trousers etc. I just couldn't afford to shop in very many other places, and I have yet to have something fall apart after a few wears?! All my bed linens and towels etc were all out of Primark. So yes, they have a whole lot of tat but some things are ok.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:33 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
I agree that Preeemark is a nightmare to shop in, but I should stick up for it a little. For many years, Primark was the only reason I had clothes! It's great for work clothes, cheap blouses and trousers etc. I just couldn't afford to shop in very many other places, and I have yet to have something fall apart after a few wears?! All my bed linens and towels etc were all out of Primark. So yes, they have a whole lot of tat but some things are ok.
Some of the students i work with love the place and get fab clothes in it...so not all tat...sorry for that remark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.