Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

In praise of Zellers.....

In praise of Zellers.....

Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:26 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default In praise of Zellers.....

In the Christmas sweets aisle. 1kg bars of Cadburys, Made in England, Dairy Milk. $13.99.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:35 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In praise of Zellers.....

Also imported Terrys Chocolate Oranges (many different varieties), and After Eights...mmmmmmm
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:35 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Check out Lawtons Drugstore (if you have one). I got the same bar for $10.99. However, what's a couple of dollars when you can enjoy the real deal
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:36 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Also imported Terrys Chocolate Oranges (many different varieties), and After Eights...mmmmmmm
Dang. Missed the chocolate oranges. Have to go back.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought it was people's imagination that English Cadburys chocolate was better than Canadian Cadburys chocolate!! And then when I was in England I bought some Cadburys and everything became clear. I don't know what they do to the Canadian stuff - its kind of gooey and waxy compared to the English stuff, which is SO much better. I will have to check Zellers out!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:02 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purley
I always thought it was people's imagination that English Cadburys chocolate was better than Canadian Cadburys chocolate!! And then when I was in England I bought some Cadburys and everything became clear. I don't know what they do to the Canadian stuff - its kind of gooey and waxy compared to the English stuff, which is SO much better. I will have to check Zellers out!
I was told that in North American chocolate an edible wax is added to raise the ambient melting temperature.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to worry, Superstore sell them for $4.99

=Atlantic Xpat;7066909]Dang. Missed the chocolate oranges. Have to go back.[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:29 pm
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Not to worry, Superstore sell them for $4.99

=Atlantic Xpat;7066909]Dang. Missed the chocolate oranges. Have to go back.
[/QUOTE]

We did buy one in Shoppers Drug Mart over the weekend and upon closer examination (and consumption) it appeared to be imported from UK. Which leads me to speculate that a 'North American' chocolate orange doesn't exist and that they all come from the UK.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Cant believe I have seen a thread with this title...just goes to show, if you live long enough eventually you will see everything.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:18 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Cant believe I have seen a thread with this title...just goes to show, if you live long enough eventually you will see everything.
Everything comes to those that wait!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

We did buy one in Shoppers Drug Mart over the weekend and upon closer examination (and consumption) it appeared to be imported from UK. Which leads me to speculate that a 'North American' chocolate orange doesn't exist and that they all come from the UK.
Exactly, same with Creme Eggs despite what forum members say And hey, once we've done the Chocolate Oranges it's Creme Egg season again!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:29 pm
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by iaink
Following on from discussions on Zellers, Walmart et al last week I did choose my thread title with a certain degree of ironic intent.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I was told that in North American chocolate an edible wax is added to raise the ambient melting temperature.
Cadbury modify the recipe of the chocolate in line with the climate of the country. The only place I have found Cadbury's to be the same is New Zealand...I was told it's the same recipe as the UK.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
In the Christmas sweets aisle. 1kg bars of Cadburys, Made in England, Dairy Milk. $13.99.
The Bay have them too as well as Cadburys Fingers. Bizarrely also found the cadburys fingers in Deco Decouverte as well.

And Loblaws/Maxi this year have christmas puddings, cakes and mince pies from UK. And for the 1st time in 5 years I even saw Jacobs cream crakcers in Maxi this morning - what is the world coming to?
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
after living in Switzerland for 22 years cadburys,terrys and toothe paste in chocolate aka after eights dont quite cut it with me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.