Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Which posters would you most like to meet in real life?

Which posters would you most like to meet in real life?

Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which posters would you most like to meet in real life?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
So, it's off to Highway 9 north is it? Keep me in touch on the porky stuff. That'd be great.
We've accepted an offer. We've had our offer accepted. However, many a slip and all that. We'll see.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That looks good but another possibility is that we're thinking of having a final pork pulling session at the old house on the 14th. That'd involve the same people but with their kids and dogs, will advise if it comes to anything.

(Note, you don't actually have to pull the pork. otraynor does that, she's American).
Is it just my mind or does a "pork pulling session" sound a bit dodgy.

What is it may i ask?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We've accepted an offer. We've had our offer accepted. However, many a slip and all that. We'll see.
Well good luck with all that. Sounds like a done deal, this isn't the UK. Guardianista Acres is the future!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Is it just my mind or does a "pork pulling session" sound a bit dodgy.

What is it may i ask?
Barbecue. "Pulled pork" is a dish made from a large chunk of pig which is smoked for very many hours then shredded ("pulled") and served with a vinegar based sauce. We have a couple of smokers so we usually make ribs as well (they only take six hours or so).
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Well good luck with all that. Sounds like a done deal, this isn't the UK. Guardianista Acres is the future!
I hope so. There are still conditions at both ends, financing for the buyers of our house, rezoning for us, so it's not as simple as all that.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so. There are still conditions at both ends, financing for the buyers of our house, rezoning for us, so it's not as simple as all that.
Oh, rezoning? That could indeed take a while. Best of luck again.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Oh, rezoning? That could indeed take a while. Best of luck again.
Thanks. We'll get there.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Barbecue. "Pulled pork" is a dish made from a large chunk of pig which is smoked for very many hours then shredded ("pulled") and served with a vinegar based sauce. We have a couple of smokers so we usually make ribs as well (they only take six hours or so).

Well thanks that's something else i have learned today.
Like the sound of smoked ribs. yummy.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:22 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Where have you all come from intially to be in canada. I am applying to go UK to Canada. This forum is such a fantastic find for anyone trying to apply to get out there. Without this forum I would have had so many problems and unanswered question.
Good Luck to everyone who has made it out there and good luck to the other like me still in application process
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Well thanks that's something else i have learned today.
Like the sound of smoked ribs. yummy.

Yeah, they're great if you don't let the snow get on them.
Attached Thumbnails Which posters would you most like to meet in real life?-111_1196.jpg   Which posters would you most like to meet in real life?-111_1192.jpg  
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Where have you all come from intially to be in canada. I am applying to go UK to Canada.
NW9
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, they're great if you don't let the snow get on them.
Great pictures and not a horses arse in sight.

I can't imagine outdoor cooking in that sort of weather though.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Great pictures and not a horses arse in sight.

I can't imagine outdoor cooking in that sort of weather though.
Indoor/outdoor temperature. You wouldn't catch me going out in that weather, just bring me some ribs, I'll carve and pour.
Attached Thumbnails Which posters would you most like to meet in real life?-111_1191.jpg  
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Indoor/outdoor temperature. You wouldn't catch me going out in that weather, just bring me some ribs, I'll carve and pour.
You confused me it's in Fahrenheit, a quick check tells me that's about -14.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You confused me it's in Fahrenheit, a quick check tells me that's about -14.
Yes. Brisk. Ideally I'd like the inside in F, because it's above freezing, and the outside in C, because it's below, but such sophistication is not offered by that device.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.