Wikiposts

Pope or Poop?

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice
Default Re: Pope or Poop?

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I don't find anything admirable in the views of liars and the mentally ill. Contempt and pity are my usual feelings.
So are you saying that the Pope is a liar and mentally ill?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:26 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yelkcub
I have already said that if someone is harmed by the views, I don't admire them. But in fairnerss to the Pope he isn't the one doing the harm, is he. The refusal of the church to allow contraceptives isn't causing AIDS to spread in Africa; people having sex who have AIS is. The Catholic Church believes you should only have sex within marriage; if they stuck to this edict then the AIDS crisis would be far less spread. So because people are not following the edict regarding the former, the Pope should break a fundemental basis upon what the Catholic Religion is based.

I don't know about the Abortion Doctor who was killed in US so I can't comment on that one.

As for people being executed for being gay/adulterers in certain Islamic countries, that again goes against the critera within my original and subsequent post so what is your point in response to my post?

The fact is that nowadays people have no convictions and change opinions like they change their underpants. Some people (such as Tony Blair) are so false that they say what they think everyone wants to hear and say it so often they begin to believe it themselves. I repeat that I don't share his views but at least the Pope has stuck to his guns and doesn't take the path of least resistence as so many seem to take.
Your criteria is a contradiction in terms. Religion just cannot do it.

Your views w.r.t. HIV are abhorrent. Doing nothing to save lives when one sentence from him could save millions is nothing short of evil.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:27 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

He's one or the other. Either he believes the stuff he says (mentally ill) or he doesn't (liar).
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:30 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

what do you think? have you ever listened to what the man preaches?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

Your criteria is a contradiction in terms. Religion just cannot do it.

Your views w.r.t. HIV are abhorrent. Doing nothing to save lives when one sentence from him could save millions is nothing short of evil.
Firstly they are not my views; they are the Popes. I have already said more than once that I don't necessary agree with them.

With regard to issuing an edict, he has already issued one saying that people should abstain from sex outside marriage which is a fundemental point of the Catholic Religion. Catholics believe that sex is for procreation; if he says that it is okay to use condums, then it means that he has to go against the whole teachings of the Church.

Once again these are the views of the Pope not mine. I understand why he has expressed them. Perhaps rather than criticise me you should try to understand why he has expressed them and then argue your point from a more reasonable position rather than simply attack for the sake of attacking.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:36 am

Firstly they are not my views; they are the Popes. I have already said more than once that I don't necessary agree with them.

With regard to issuing an edict, he has already issued one saying that people should abstain from sex outside marriage which is a fundemental point of the Catholic Religion. Catholics believe that sex is for procreation; if he says that it is okay to use condums, then it means that he has to go against the whole teachings of the Church.

Once again these are the views of the Pope not mine. I understand why he has expressed them. Perhaps rather than criticise me you should try to understand why he has expressed them and then argue your point from a more reasonable position rather than simply attack for the sake of attacking.
There is no point debating with crazy people.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:40 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that "sex" and "fundament" are quite popular with priests.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

He's one or the other. Either he believes the stuff he says (mentally ill) or he doesn't (liar).
Originally Posted by spankysparkle
what do you think? have you ever listened to what the man preaches?
I think that he is a very well educated person who believes in what he is saying. If you believe in what you are saying, you are not a liar. Perhaps misinformed or wrong, but definitely not a liar.

If he was mental he would hardly have risen to the position he has achieved. His views might not reflect mine or yours, but they reflect most of his flock. Otherwise why don't his followers breakaway and start a new religion as has happened in the past?

I think that you should also consider what you say in print as your comments are somewhat deflamatory about him.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

There is no point debating with crazy people.
Easy to say when you points are repudiated and you have no reasonable response.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvy
I understand that "sex" and "fundament" are quite popular with priests.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:52 am

I think that he is a very well educated person who believes in what he is saying. If you believe in what you are saying, you are not a liar. Perhaps misinformed or wrong, but definitely not a liar.

If he was mental he would hardly have risen to the position he has achieved. His views might not reflect mine or yours, but they reflect most of his flock. Otherwise why don't his followers breakaway and start a new religion as has happened in the past?

I think that you should also consider what you say in print as your comments are somewhat deflamatory about him.
If he believes then he believes in things that don't exist and events that never actually happened. You can't debate with people like this - they don't think rationally. I'll accept that religious people can be functioning members of society, but that doesn't make them sane.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:53 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Then why does he not preach against women teaching, women speaking in church, or pressurising rapists to buy the victim from his/her father and marrying him/her?

I wouldn't say the old duffer is mentally ill as such, nor a liar. Brainwashed, yes.

I do feel the entire church is very hypocritical and do exactly as governments and others entering into popularity contests for personal and corporate gains do. They're selective in what they offer/preach and refrain from offering/preaching anything that will "turn people off".

I'm not that knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the "Good Book" but it does get my goat with the seemingly personal selectivity the "believers" allow themselves. The bible says "Man & Wife" and they take that as literal. Yet in other areas and wording they do not (talking snake for example).

Maybe i'm just talking a load of Poop Benedict and should just flock off and get some work done?

Last edited by el_richo; Feb 2nd 2010 at 3:55 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:53 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't normally go in for bashing Papists or Popes (a little too close to Bishop-bashing, which as we all know is a sin and will make you go blind, or grow hairs on the palm of your hand, or something) but with this I completely agree.

The Catholic doctrine on contraception is fundamentally inconsistent - at least with regard to the Pill. The Biblical passage (the "Sin of Onan" bit about spilling seed) is related much more to the ancient Jewish custom of marrying your brother's widow and getting her pregnant (Onan's apparently decided to shag her anyway but withdraw before orgasm) which somehow has been warped and twisted in the eyes of the Vatican to mean that contraception is wrong.

The "rhythm method," though, is OK, so there's no fundamental difficulty with sex for fun rather than procreation. THere's an article in Malcolm Gladwell's collection of New Yorker articles (I read it a while ago, so my recollection may be slightly hazy) about the guy who invented the Pill, who was a staunch Catholic and developed the pill initially as an aid to maintaining a consistent menstrual rhythm; was by all accounts deeply shocked and disappointed when in "Humanae Vitae" in 1968 pope Paul VI declared reaffirmed earlier doctrine and ruled out the use of the Pill for Catholics.

This is dogma for the sake of dogma. It is morally indefensible, and the continuing interdiction of the use of condoms, even within marriage, has done more for the spread of AIDS (and all the human suffering that entails) in Africa and Latin America than any other single act of omission or comission by any individual or body anywhere ever. It's completely disgraceful and insupportable.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:56 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Catholics believe that sex is for procreation.
No, they don't. This is the first and most egregious fallacy in the whole Catholics vs contraception thing. It's acceptable to use the Rhythm Method if you want a shag without producing children. Once you've established the principle that sex is not all about procreation, prohibition of artificial birth control is hypocritical.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:02 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
No, they don't. This is the first and most egregious fallacy in the whole Catholics vs contraception thing. It's acceptable to use the Rhythm Method if you want a shag without producing children. Once you've established the principle that sex is not all about procreation, prohibition of artificial birth control is hypocritical.
I remember as a kid, helping my mate search for his Christmas pressies in his parents room. We opened a draw and i saw my first ever pack of condoms in their bedside table. They were, and still are, devout Catholics.

Dirty buggers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.