Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The place in the English speaking world with the best quality of education is Alberta

The place in the English speaking world with the best quality of education is Alberta

Old Oct 24th 2010, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The place in the English speaking world with the best quality of education is Alb

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Apparently employers, research institutes and Universities give a shit.
I am sure research institutes and Universities do, I doubt very much most employers do. I have never worked for an employer that preferred an employee that couldn't do the job, but had a good piece of paper, over one that could do the job very well, but didn't have a good piece of paper.

The above, of course, was prior to my arrival in Canada. I appreciate that Canadian employers turns this logic on its head

Zurich - and yes I wikiied it. And it's one of Europe's best Universities.
Well, you have taught me something today.

I've found some of yours interesting too.
I doubt you have. My comment was the type that Novo frequently makes and was rather tongue in cheek.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

MrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really nice
Default Re: The place in the English speaking world with the best quality of education is Alb

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I have never worked for an employer that preferred an employee that couldn't do the job, but had a good piece of paper, over one that could do the job very well, but didn't have a good piece of paper.
As disparity increases, so does scrutiny, and educational disparity is on the rise.

The odd thing about hiring is that you don't know if the person can do the work or not, so you have only paper to go by.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:04 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I doubt you have. My comment was the type that Novo frequently makes and was rather tongue in cheek.
Who cares... I want to know if you suffer cat blackness envy? Did you get your cat from a different level of hell to the other lawyers?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:06 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsX
As disparity increases, so does scrutiny, and educational disparity is on the rise.

The odd thing about hiring is that you don't know if the person can do the work or not, so you have only paper to go by.
You've been out of Canada too long. Mostly the people hiring DO know the person being hired because it's their uncle or something.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

MrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really niceMrsX is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You've been out of Canada too long. Mostly the people hiring DO know the person being hired because it's their uncle or something.
Nope. I've interviewed there, have turned down jobs, and I also have loads of friends in Canada who hire people. Sorry.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:19 pm

Nope. I've interviewed there, have turned down jobs, and I also have loads of friends in Canada who hire people. Sorry.
Sorry for what? anecdotal evidence?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Oh wait, I'm sorry - you wanted to use that as an excuse! Oh I'm so sorry don't mind me. Of course, you're right. Canadians only hire uncles. It's policy. You're fine. Damn Canucks .
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:25 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure i read on here that the class system was dead in Canada.

I feel educationally lower class
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:42 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
I'm pretty sure i read on here that the class system was dead in Canada.

I feel educationally lower class
Canadians are always banging on about Canada being classless.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:47 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Lying bastards
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

wasn't me.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Lying bastards
I dunno, when I look around I don't see a place with much class.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

I dunno, when I look around I don't see a place with much class.
Someone has to teach them to talk posh first off, cause that's measurement number one.

And get them to take off those ^$%$&£%$&£ lumberjack boots!!!!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 7:04 pm

And get them to take off those ^$%$&£%$&£ lumberjack boots!!!!
I bought a nice pair last year anticipating the forthcoming Arctic blizzards but it never even did snow.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 7:24 pm

Oh wait, I'm sorry - you wanted to use that as an excuse! Oh I'm so sorry don't mind me. Of course, you're right. Canadians only hire uncles. It's policy. You're fine. Damn Canucks .
That's right. I'm actually unemployed because I've only got a UK degree rather than a fancy Canadian one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.