Pizza

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pizza

What is your favourite kind of pizza? We all like Panago pizza - except my husband that is. He likes the "Greek restaurant" type of pizza with two inches of toppings.

My very favourite is spinach and feta. I cannot eat those Greek style pizzas with the thick toppings. To me an inch thick wad of greasy slimy some kind of salami does not agree with me. I can eat half a slice and then I can tell, if I take one more bite I am going to throw up - literally!

Do you like thick crust or thin crust - thick topping or thin toppings?

I bought a pizza peel to use with my pizza stone. That allows you to put the stone in the oven and heat it up and make the pizza on a wooden paddle - then you slide it off onto the hot stone and it makes a wonderful pickupable brown crust!

Give me some ideas of good things to put on pizza.

I was going to post a poll but I can't figure out how to do it. There is a box at the bottom that says post poll, but when I check it - it doesn't do anything. Never mind!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:15 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pizza

I love anything with feta cheese. We get either Panago or Domino`s pizza. Often half and half, ham and pineapple one side, beef and onion and feta the other. Spinach and feta is also a favourite with us. Unfortunately, it`s a rare treat these days, have to watch the diet. Oh, and thin crust is my favourite.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I heard pizza was good for you - you have all the food groups -- spinach is excellent for you -- so go ahead and indulge!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:58 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I heard pizza was good for you
Please, please let this be true. I really need some respectable authority to publish the pizza diet
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

What is your favourite kind of pizza?
Delissio Deluxe. My mouth's watering just thinking of one.

Do you like thick crust or thin crust - thick topping or thin toppings?
Thick crust and thick toppings.

Give me some ideas of good things to put on pizza.
Pepperoni, Roast Chicken, Tuna, and Cheese. Try it and see, it's one of my favourites.

I was going to post a poll but I can't figure out how to do it. There is a box at the bottom that says post poll, but when I check it - it doesn't do anything.
Never posted one here but if it's anything like other forums I've been on, you check the box and click Post, and it takes you to another page where you can choose your poll options.

If it's different on here then hopefully someone will correct me.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Karma to Lizwil for starting a non controversial thread

I like thin and crispy, with goats cheese and spinach and garlic and mushrooms.

A salad and some mayo to dunk the crust in

A glass of red wine

yummy
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
Non controversial? I ****ing hate ****ing pizza! Where do you lot think you are? Bleeding Italianexpats.com????
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Non controversial? I ****ing hate ****ing pizza! Where do you lot think you are? Bleeding Italianexpats.com????
Bang on cue!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty

I like thin and crispy, with goats cheese and spinach (and garlic) and mushrooms.

A salad and some mayo to dunk the crust in

A glass of red wine

yummy
Almost exactly my idea of perfection. <drool>
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've heard that artichoke - those kind in the jars are good, but I have to admit I am a bit sceptical. Anyone tried pizza on a barbecue?

I must admit I wouldn't want pizza every day - but now and then is good. I don't care for meat much on pizza. As I said - that thick meat kind I haven't had for years since I ate some and then had to run to the bathroom and throw up. I think heated up salami etc. is just too greasy for me.

Goat cheese sounds good - have to try that!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:32 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite two pizzas in the UK were:

1. parma ham, rocket and parmesan shavings on a crispy thin crust (from the Zizzis chain)

2. stuffed cheese crust, barbeque sauce, extra cheese, pepperoni and pineapple from Pizza Hut.

(Incidentally, the second one of those set off my gallstones into spasm and the bloomin things had to come out after that. Now, I can no longer eat that amount of cheese in one go
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:33 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Boston Pizza - the Popeye (spinach, garlic, but i take out the feta!) Definitely healthy - spinach for iron, and garlic's good for the heart!

I also miss sweetcorn on pizza - haven't found anywhere yet where it's a topping. Tried making my own at home - heating element is on bottom of oven - bottom of pizza burnt to a crisp. Any advice?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:37 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
Boston Pizza - the Popeye (spinach, garlic, but i take out the feta!) Definitely healthy - spinach for iron, and garlic's good for the heart!

I also miss sweetcorn on pizza - haven't found anywhere yet where it's a topping. Tried making my own at home - heating element is on bottom of oven - bottom of pizza burnt to a crisp. Any advice?
Move oven rack higher, do not place pizza directly on oven rack, place pizza on a preheated pizza stone.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:07 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Steve,

Oven rack is as high as it goes, but the pizza stone sounds like it might be the way to go.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:20 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar

Not a big Pizza lover unless I've had a few drinks, then I can wolf down a thick crust with ham and extra pineapple (hawaiian) and in our local bar they do one with chicken, pineapple and garlic which is really yummy.

I must say I like the sound of the Popeye I love spinach but hate feta.

Last edited by Lorna_D; Feb 3rd 2008 at 12:58 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.