Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Physiotherapy in Calgary - Recommendations

Physiotherapy in Calgary - Recommendations

Old May 3rd 2011, 5:26 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default Physiotherapy in Calgary - Recommendations

I need to get physiotherapy on my wrist after damaging the ligaments while learning to snowboard!
I am based in SE Calgary, but willing to go anywhere in the City, so if anyone can recommend a therapist/centre I would greatly appreciate it.
TIA, Tanya
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Physiotherapy in Calgary - Recommendations

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
I need to get physiotherapy on my wrist after damaging the ligaments while learning to snowboard!
I am based in SE Calgary, but willing to go anywhere in the City, so if anyone can recommend a therapist/centre I would greatly appreciate it.
TIA, Tanya
AlbertaRose?
Old May 4th 2011, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

I went to physio at the downtown sports clinic, in TD Square. I saw Morgan Allen, who seemed knowledgable and fixed me, so I'd happily recommend her.

She's the only physio I have been to though, so I have nothing to compare her against.
Old May 4th 2011, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I can really recommend my physio. But he's based in the far NW
Old May 4th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Now I had no luck with physio when I had it for my back. Same with the chiro.

Basically I got the impression that because the original injury was obtained in the UK the physio's were not all that interested. and because it was basically a soft tissue prob by the time I cameover here (muscles/tendons/ligaments/fascia) the chiro could do no good as they manipulate bones.

Took years to sort out in the end but it was once I started school that it was eventually sorted.

Only prob is that the original injury is over 5 years old so is likely to take just as long to "fix". it IS getting better though
Old May 5th 2011, 5:43 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info people.

Managed to get in with Horizon on 130th Ave. Will see how that goes. If it takes them as long to fix me as it took the doctors to work out what I had actually done, I may have a usable hand by this time next year
Old May 7th 2011, 3:32 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
AlbertaRose?
I don't really do wrists.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:54 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Tower Physiohttp://www.towerphysio.ca

Super good. Very sports focused, one of the partners worked as a physio for Cirque Du Soleil for a number of years. I would strongly recommend them.