Photos of bears

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photos of bears

Just thought I would start a thread for posters to show others any pictures they have taken of bears.

I am not lucky enough to have seen one in the wild so you will have to make do with my piccie of a grizzly at Calgary Zoo - check out those claws
Attached Thumbnails Photos of bears-grizzly-calgary-zoo1-small-.jpg  
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:46 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos of bears

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Just thought I would start a thread for posters to show others any pictures they have taken of bears.

I am not lucky enough to have seen one in the wild so you will have to make do with my piccie of a grizzly at Calgary Zoo - check out those claws
Saw a black bear at Whistler but wasn't quick enough with the camera. Saw young grizzlies in captivity at Grouse and agree about the claws. This was as close as I would ever want to get!
Attached Thumbnails Photos of bears-grizzlies_at_grouse.jpg  
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:36 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems this fellow does a lot of snoozing.

This shot of him was taken in 2003

Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:37 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this one just sitting at the side of the road when we were on our way to Tofino..........
Attached Thumbnails Photos of bears-juee-may-2006-191.jpg   Photos of bears-juee-may-2006-198.jpg  
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:39 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hangman
It seems this fellow does a lot of snoozing.

This shot of him was taken in 2003

Cheers
Steve
Aaahhhhhhhhh, I thought you were a lovely person, but didn't realise that you looked quite as 'cuddly' as that Steve

Great photo.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:51 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

The pair of black bears at Grouse Mountain, Vancouver, Sept 06.

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Photos of bears-dscf2843.jpg   Photos of bears-dscf2842.jpg  
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos

Is it safe to assume that it is rare to sight bears in the wild or is it just that either most people don't have cameras with them when they sight them or, if they do, they have more important things on their mind other thann taking pictures - like perserving themselves :scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:34 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos

Is it safe to assume that it is rare to sight bears in the wild or is it just that either most people don't have cameras with them when they sight them or, if they do, they have more important things on their mind other thann taking pictures - like perserving themselves :scared:
I've driven to Tofino 3 times & been lucky enough to see bears twice the second time it was a mum & her cub, people were getting out of their cars to stand near them!!................last week a mum bear & 2 cubs had to be removed from someones apple tree in downtown Nanaimo

I live in a rural area & have heard stories about local bears but never seen any, the vet told me last week that whilst our puppy is small I should be more aware/keep an eye out for cougars!!! :scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:36 pm

Great photos

My experience is that it seems to be rare to see them, but then I don't go to the mountains every weekend.

If I were to go out to the mountains more often I would definitely be carrying a camera.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:36 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos

I've posted one before, that the boys saw last September at Kananaskis. Can't find it now!

It was right by the side of a road to a parking lot of a little eatery/shop place. Eating berries. A young grizzy. I haven't seen on yet, but there are a few threads on here with bear pics, if you do a search!

edit: here's one I posted on: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=bear

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Oct 22nd 2006 at 3:47 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Great pics everyone. Reminds me of the bears I saw as a kid at the winnipeg zoo!

Just makes you want to go up and give them a huge cuddle doesnt it.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
Aaahhhhhhhhh, I thought you were a lovely person, but didn't realise that you looked quite as 'cuddly' as that Steve

Great photo.
There is actually some resemblance.

He appears to have some white around his muzzle and my beard is very definitely white, plus I am a tad overweight.

Just ask HWP, Butch or Morwenna and a few other Calgary posters.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There is actually some resemblance.

He appears to have some white around his muzzle and my beard is very definitely white, plus I am a tad overweight.

Just ask HWP, Butch or Morwenna and a few other Calgary posters.

I would have thought that doc of yours would have slimmed you down by now and have your running marathons!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by willmore
I would have thought that doc of yours would have slimmed you down by now and have your running marathons!
You can go to your quiet place any time madam.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can go to your quiet place any time madam.

Ok sir! Its time to go and watch the kids play hockey anyway!

Talk later!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.