Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The photo that apparently everyone is talking about: inter-racial couples

The photo that apparently everyone is talking about: inter-racial couples

Old Jan 5th 2018, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The photo that apparently everyone is talking about: inter-racial couples

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Ive also seen it in reverse to the usual issue - where in america, some of the black community pour scorn on mixed couples [would you believe 20 years ago we were advised not to hold hands in a mall in los angeles as the local ‘african american’ population didnt like it?] Same thing from some people in the caribbean now, where the colour and indeed shade of your skin is still important to some [and these sensitive people are themselves of all shades.]
This is also an issue among Aboriginals in Australia. Aboriginal tribes are often divided into subgroupings based on what they call "skin colour" and it's a huge no-no for Aboriginals in different subgroupings to date - it can lead to a couple being ostracised entirely (or worse).
Old Jan 5th 2018, 6:25 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The photo that apparently everyone is talking about: inter-racial couples

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I was once in a kebab shop late at night and I got talking to a guy, I asked him where he was from and he said 'Pemberton', which is where I live. After a talk about glorious Pemberton I asked where originally and he got very offended by that question. He had a very strong accent, he clearly was not from Pemberton originally and so I'm not quite sure why he got so offended.

Probably an illegal, just arrived in the UK hiding in the wheel well of an Airbus 380 and first off stopped for a Kebab. Pemberton was probably the first name that came into his head
Old Jan 5th 2018, 6:39 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Probably an illegal, just arrived in the UK hiding in the wheel well of an Airbus 380 and first off stopped for a Kebab. Pemberton was probably the first name that came into his head
Dont joke about it, they found a guy dead with his head caved in on the roof of an office in west london. It wasnt till the autopsy recognised frostbite that they figured he fell out of the wheel well of a landing plane at heathrow, dont think they ever figured out which plane or nationality he was.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Probably an illegal, just arrived in the UK hiding in the wheel...
I did wonder if he was illegal as we have had a few curry houses who had 10+ illegals who had been deported. One actually got caught twice!

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Dont joke about it, they found a guy dead with his head caved in on the roof of an office in west london. It wasnt till the autopsy recognised frostbite that they figured he fell out of the wheel well of a landing plane at heathrow, dont think they ever figured out which plane or nationality he was.
I remember this, tragic! What a way to die and they're family well never know. I remember an article at the time saying it happens more often than you'd think!
Old Jan 6th 2018, 9:53 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's been more than one such incident, but anyway...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mbican-migrant