Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

People who drive at the speed limit in parallel.

Wikiposts

Old Nov 24th 2012, 6:31 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People who drive at the speed limit in parallel.

I'll say everyone should be retested every 5yrs. If you pass the classroom as well as the hwy parts, you get your money back, and if you fail either, you lose your licence and start all over

Fair dos
Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:22 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Hawk, true, but, sometimes with high attention and high speed, you don't have the stop/swerve capability to avoid a hazard. I think that's the issue.
What would you consider a hazard?

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
I'll say everyone should be retested every 5yrs. If you pass the classroom as well as the hwy parts, you get your money back, and if you fail either, you lose your licence and start all over

Fair dos
If they did that then I'd be driving without a license
Old Nov 24th 2012, 7:29 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

and insurance, and am sure the law has a nice surprise for you

Originally Posted by Hawk13

If they did that then I'd be driving without a license
Old Nov 24th 2012, 9:58 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hawk13;10399539]What would you consider a hazard?

Some fallen rocks/boulders on Highway 99.

Some drunken kids deciding to cross a major highway.

A car that has blown a tire a few hundred meters ahead of you.

Unmarked construction sites.

Kids running out from between parked cars in a residential enighbourhood.

Deer, bear, kangaroo crossing the roads.

Need I go on...!
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:31 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
and insurance, and am sure the law has a nice surprise for you
There's always a price to pay

Originally Posted by Shard
Some fallen rocks/boulders on Highway 99.

Some drunken kids deciding to cross a major highway.

A car that has blown a tire a few hundred meters ahead of you.

Unmarked construction sites.

Kids running out from between parked cars in a residential enighbourhood.

Deer, bear, kangaroo crossing the roads.

Need I go on...!
If they are already on the Highway - not an issue. If they are falling - drive faster

Haven't come across that one - are they wearing reflective clothing?

You're driving the speed limit and the the car 10 feet in front of you blows a tire - same difference.

There aren't any in BC

Residential neighbourhood? We're talking about the highway. Never speed in resi neighbourhoods or school zones

Answered that one awhile ago but same as as falling rocks and blowing tires.

Zoom Zoom

The one hazard that does pose some issues is those nasty potholes that they never fix
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:35 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawk13