Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Pennsylvania tree cutter survives getting chainsaw lodged in neck

Pennsylvania tree cutter survives getting chainsaw lodged in neck

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 7:56 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pennsylvania tree cutter survives getting chainsaw lodged in neck

My neck hurts just reading this. ACK.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pennsyl...neck-1.2595798
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:05 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pennsylvania tree cutter survives getting chainsaw lodged in neck

Crikey, I think he had all the luck in the world on Monday....
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I barely was able to read the article, just saw the picture and went AAAHHHHH WTF!!!!! *runaway*
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:26 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

I use to always go for wood with my dad when I was a kid. Then he started to go by himself (not a smart idea) once I left town to play hockey.

Once and only once, he was out in the toolies bucking up wood to load the truck and the saw kicked and came back and cut him in the throat just above the adams apple and just under the chin. Blood everywhere I was told. Being a Scotsman, he tossed the chainsaw in the back of the truck, jumped in (standard tranny) and drove himself down the logging road then 30 minutes to the hospital.

Rushed right in and got the "who drove you here in that state" and "you're lucky to be alive". A couple of inches either way or a little further of a drive and they figured he would have been done. My mom showed me pics of his clothes and the inside of the truck - looked like a crime scene.

Then to top it off, the next day he went back to the scene of the crime, my mom drove, and he was thoroughly pissed off that someone had come and pinched his perfectly bucked up wood - the bastards!

And my mom said "well, even if was still here, you're in no shape to load the truck". He looked at her with that look that says "why do you think I let you drive"
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

I read this yesterday.. but was skeptical as it was April Fool's Day.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:55 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome. I wish I'd taken that.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I knew a guy who cut himself like that (but I think he nicked an artery) and he was way up in northern Manitoba. There just happened to be a plane fuelled up on the airstrip and they wrapped scarves around his neck as tight as they could and flew him to Winnipeg and he lived. Dante Krughoff was his name. Doesn't get much luckier.