Passport renewal

Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:19 pm
manc born and bred

michele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport renewal

Helloo, passport is due for renewal and I was wondering how you go about it from Canada. Any advice welcome, thanks
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport renewal

Originally Posted by michele
Helloo, passport is due for renewal and I was wondering how you go about it from Canada. Any advice welcome, thanks
Download form from web or pick it up at the post office. Get photographs taken. Post it away. Wait, not long at all.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a British Passport or a Canadian one?

If it's British you need to send the application to Washington DC

http://ukincanada.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

Last edited by Elaine B.; Apr 9th 2009 at 7:26 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:25 pm
manc born and bred

Thanks - by picking it up from the post office due you mean an actual main office or do the ones in Shoppers drug mart have them?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:25 pm
manc born and bred

Sorry - it's a British Passport - not with it today!!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - by picking it up from the post office due you mean an actual main office or do the ones in Shoppers drug mart have them?
You won't get an application for a British Passport at the post office.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
You won't get an application for a British Passport at the post office.
I did. It was even in a Shopper's Drug Mart. I suppose it depends to some degree on the ethnicity of the neighbourhood.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
I did. It was even in a Shopper's Drug Mart. I suppose it depends to some degree on the ethnicity of the neighbourhood.
Oops I stand corrected Wonder what are the chances of finding a Canadian Passport application form in a UK post office are.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Oops I stand corrected Wonder what are the chances of finding a Canadian Passport application form in a UK post office are.
Slim to none I'd think but we're not a Dominion within the Canadian Empire. Kingston seems like a place with lots of Brits, if I didn't have access to a printer, I'd ask at the Post Office there. Given a printer, getting the form from the website seems easiest.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
Slim to none I'd think but we're not a Dominion within the Canadian Empire.
Good point
Old Apr 9th 2009, 8:56 pm
manc born and bred

That's great - did you get it from a Shoppers Drug mart in Kingston as that is where I live?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's great - did you get it from a Shoppers Drug mart in Kingston as that is where I live?
You could just download the form from the website and save yourself a trip.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 10:58 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

You could just download the form from the website and save yourself a trip.
It's taking a little longer to get the new passport back as the application has to be sent to Washington DC. They are saying about 4-5 weeks, it used to be 10 days from Ottawa
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
It's taking a little longer to get the new passport back as the application has to be sent to Washington DC. They are saying about 4-5 weeks, it used to be 10 days from Ottawa
Happy to report my application took 2 weeks via Washington from Montreal in March just gone. (That grey background for the photo was a b*****r though )