Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Passport Processing Times (Washington)

Passport Processing Times (Washington)

Old May 24th 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport Processing Times (Washington)

Does anyone know the current passport processing times for renewing a British passport in Washington? It says 4 weeks on the website but I know some people were getting them within 2 weeks back in September of last year.

Thanks.
Old May 24th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Passport Processing Times (Washington)

I was one of them, i believe it took exactly 12 business days, but who's to say its the same now! Good luck!
Old May 24th 2011, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Just got mine back last Tuesday after over 6 weeks
Old May 25th 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
Just got mine back last Tuesday after over 6 weeks
Thanks for the reply, did you specify a travel date on the application and if so did you get it within that timeframe?
Old May 25th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

WendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant future

I sent some of ours in on the 27th April, they've still not taken payment from my credit card so I'm assuming they still aren't done
Old May 25th 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

we specified a date for our Son's renewal which came and went, took 8 weeks in total! Very unpredictable!!
Old May 26th 2011, 12:08 am
Just Joined

albert_ed is an unknown quantity at this point

A simple renewal posted out to Washington April 6th returned today May 25th, Vancouver complete with new circuit board. Good job I wasn't in a hurry. That'll be $225 thank you very much.
Old May 26th 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

ek84 is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was recieved in Washington March 17th, payment taken April 12th and the passport was printed and sent on May 6th - but only because I called the Careline on May 5th and told them I was travelling on the 14th (which I had written on the application) and needed my passport back!
Old May 26th 2011, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jossie
Thanks for the reply, did you specify a travel date on the application and if so did you get it within that timeframe?
I specified a travel date but it wasnt here in time ( was a bit of a pity as I missed a trip to Houston and a trip across the border to detroit where I had access to Red Wings tickets for their last round of the play-offs )
Old May 26th 2011, 1:56 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I sent mine off, three weeks ago now (I think). I hope I get it back one day

OH's needs sending off now too, why is everything always due at the same time
Old May 26th 2011, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

DEANplzhelp is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone
i am in desperate need of getting my passport. Does anyone know the number of Dean office that i can call to speak to someone in his team. It has been NINE WEEKS and im just needed a renewal ! i sent it end of march and my cc was charged april 21st. i was flying out on May 15th and it has been cancelled and again im trying to fly out next monday! Otherwise i will miss goin on this trip to the UK for a reunion. Please tell me where i can call to speak to someone..!! i have spent 25 dollars on careline who have expediated it and no one has called me within 72 hrs from washington

DEan if you are reading this please help me!!! can anyone tell me how to make a new thread with this subject title
Old May 26th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DEANplzhelp
hello everyone
i am in desperate need of getting my passport. Does anyone know the number of Dean office that i can call to speak to someone in his team. It has been NINE WEEKS and im just needed a renewal ! i sent it end of march and my cc was charged april 21st. i was flying out on May 15th and it has been cancelled and again im trying to fly out next monday! Otherwise i will miss goin on this trip to the UK for a reunion. Please tell me where i can call to speak to someone..!! i have spent 25 dollars on careline who have expediated it and no one has called me within 72 hrs from washington

DEan if you are reading this please help me!!! can anyone tell me how to make a new thread with this subject title
What number did you call for the careline? When I called they said that they cannot expedite passports. I believe that the only other option is to apply for emergency travel documents which you can get same day as your appointment that you have to make with your nearest consulate.
Old May 26th 2011, 10:03 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

bugger, this is a real worry as I travel for work to the US at least once a month these days...
Old May 27th 2011, 1:00 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There are two, massive, massive threads on this in the US forums.

It's taking 6-8 weeks from the date that they take payment from your credit card to get the passport and it's taking around 4 weeks from them receiving the application till they take the payment.

There is the option of getting an Emergency Travel Document if you need one though, which you get from your local consulate.
Old May 27th 2011, 1:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jossie
What number did you call for the careline? When I called they said that they cannot expedite passports. I believe that the only other option is to apply for emergency travel documents which you can get same day as your appointment that you have to make with your nearest consulate.
Careline can't do anything until payment has been made....and even then, not very much.

contacting Dean, well, there are hundreds of posts in the US forums, even a decent sticky with his information and all that guff if folks want to search for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.