Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Wikiposts

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:42 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I appreciate the Mod ethos and style, yes. Would I call myself a mod these days? At a stretch maybe, BUT I kinda got 'tainted' by the Alberta Cowboy life
It's all those cowgirls....turning your head hun, step away from them and come back to us.....we have Paul Weller....
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the Mod ethos and style, yes. Would I call myself a mod these days? At a stretch maybe, BUT I kinda got 'tainted' by the Alberta Cowboy life
I agree with you there but the flame always burns bright. Would I still call myself a 'Mod' now maybe not. I still listen to all the music from the 50's to the present day and like a Ben Sherman shirt but if I was 20 again and saw me now I would think a wantabee.

The music is what lives on for me, the lifestyle has gone now.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:53 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by High numbers
I agree with you there but the flame always burns bright. Would I still call myself a 'Mod' now maybe not. I still listen to all the music from the 50's to the present day and like a Ben Sherman shirt but if I was 20 again and saw me now I would think a wantabee.

The music is what lives on for me, the lifestyle has gone now.
We actually have a 'Mod Club' here in Calgary on a Thursday Night. Well at least they try to keep us happy
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

We actually have a 'Mod Club' here in Calgary on a Thursday Night. Well at least they try to keep us happy
Is it just for English people as I always find it funny for a foreign person to say they belong to an English sub culture!!

Do they have bands then?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:59 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by High numbers
Is it just for English people as I always find it funny for a foreign person to say they belong to an English sub culture!!

Do they have bands then?
LOL, I agree but Mod is alive and well in Italy, it was 'big' in Aus in the early 80s, and I believe there's still a large(ish) mod movement in California.

Anyway, its mainly DJ focused there is the odd band. Most of the 'clientelle' are brits (or others trying to be brits)
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL, I agree but Mod is alive and well in Italy, it was 'big' in Aus in the early 80s, and I believe there's still a large(ish) mod movement in California.

Anyway, its mainly DJ focused there is the odd band. Most of the 'clientelle' are brits (or others trying to be brits)
California has always been big and there is also a big ska / ska punk scene there as well. Italy carries on strong as does patches in the UK although scooter boys seem to be on the increase now.

There are 'mod' clubs in London but gone are the days when if you were not dressed correctly you would not get in and everyone in the club was a mod now anyone gets in and its not the same.

Anyway I really should go to bed now!! Catch up again

Night
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:38 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

helllooooo...................
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by D15NEY
helllooooo...................
howdo
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:50 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

howdo
doin good, but O/H has beckoned me to bed!

nitey nite
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

have I missed much...?

Just been for dinner and movie - me and bro's girlfriend went to see Mama Mia and I spent the entire film singing....

One word - Awesome!!!!

Just winding down with a glass of crisp white wine then bed.....

Bx
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:18 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Well Moochoppers has left the building - she is car on way to the airport!!!!! better get on with the house work then!!
I am just leaving my parent's house in France, flight is from Pau at 9.05am, arrive Stansted 10.55am....Been very hot and sticky here, so not had much sleep! Sad at seeing family for the last time, glad I have the distriction of Bells and MMC to look forward to..............

Charlie x
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:01 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by purple80
I am just leaving my parent's house in France, flight is from Pau at 9.05am, arrive Stansted 10.55am....Been very hot and sticky here, so not had much sleep! Sad at seeing family for the last time, glad I have the distriction of Bells and MMC to look forward to..............

Charlie x
Morning all,

What's a distriction Charlie?

Have fun at the meet - beware stalkers lurk at every turn!

Bax
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Morning all,

Bax
Look theres one hiding down there
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Highnumbers
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:14 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Morning all,

Bax
moprning Bax good to see you back
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Flogger
moprning Bax good to see you back
I see you found a card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.