Wikiposts

Paris Attacks

Old Nov 13th 2015, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris Attacks

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
To all those making witty comments, grow up. People died today, but hey if you can use it to make a funny comment then what is the harm.
Which comments do you find witty that have been made as there have only been 29 before your posting?
Perhaps you consider mine are included but I don't know?
If they are then rest assured I have grown up and have seen terrorist attacks at 1st hand. There are many others like me just sitting back and shaking our heads at the naivety of some people today who look through their rose tinted glasses at the world. Its time these people WOKE THE **** UP and to take these atrocities seriously and what is at their root cause.

No there are not terrorists on every corner that we should be afraid of or this is going to happen in Canada tomorrow but if you honestly believe that this won't happen here then I might classify you as one of those people I refer to.

Don't think for one moment that I am not saddened and outraged at these attacks tonight but Im not going to sugar coat my opinions on this and if this offends any posters then be that as it may.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:01 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I've just messaged my friend in Paris to check she's ok. Pretty sure she's nowhere near it, but might have been visiting the areas in question.

I'll say what some are possibly thinking: Terrorists hiding in amongst the influx of refugees, biding their time. Perfect cover, as you get into where you want to by saying you're a poor little refugee, and when you unleash your horrific act, well, you sully the name of the people you were hiding amongst as, truthfully, who is going to trust the remaining refugees, how do you know there aren't more hiding within them?

Yes, I know, horrible thing to say, and more horrible to say that there is some awful sense in it.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:02 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Such a crazy tragedy. What a lottery life and death can be sometimes. It's sickening the lengths of barbarism humans are prepared to inflict on each other.

So very sad.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Which comments do you find witty that have been made as there have only been 29 before your posting?
Perhaps you consider mine are included but I don't know?
If they are then rest assured I have grown up and have seen terrorist attacks at 1st hand. There are many others like me just sitting back and shaking our heads at the naivety of some people today who look through their rose tinted glasses at the world. Its time these people WOKE THE **** UP and to take these atrocities seriously and what is at their root cause.

No there are not terrorists on every corner that we should be afraid of or this is going to happen in Canada tomorrow but if you honestly believe that this won't happen here then I might classify you as one of those people I refer to.

Don't think for one moment that I am not saddened and outraged at these attacks tonight but Im not going to sugar coat my opinions on this and if this offends any posters then be that as it may.

There has been terrorist attacks on Canadian soil in the past, I am under no illusion that similar attacks will never happen in Canada/

If it makes you feel better I was not referring to any post made by you.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:36 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Hollande is directly saying these are terrorist attacks.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
There has been terrorist attacks on Canadian soil in the past, I am under no illusion that similar attacks will never happen in Canada/

If it makes you feel better I was not referring to any post made by you.
No problem and no offence was taken.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:51 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Makes sence with the use of suicide bombers but who ? And will they strike again some where else. Or will there be copy cat strikes !!
Old Nov 13th 2015, 12:56 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Makes sence with the use of suicide bombers but who ? And will they strike again some where else. Or will there be copy cat strikes !!
Sounds like you're getting a little thrill there
Old Nov 13th 2015, 1:16 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by bats
Sounds like you're getting a little thrill there
??
Old Nov 13th 2015, 1:31 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

??
I just ignore the children on here now.

Would appear that they killed the concert goers execution style, I felt almost sick as I was listening to that. Plus not all the gun men are beleived to have been killed/captured. But hey let's use this to post a rude remark and get some kama points from some pals ehh. Very sad !!
Old Nov 13th 2015, 1:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Le Parisien has a list of the deaths and injuries at the various attack sites around Paris, which it sources to the French authorities.

Bataclan: at least 100 dead, seven people in a critical condition, four others injured

Rue Charonne: 19 dead, 13 people in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Rue Bichat: 14 dead, 10 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Avenue de la Republique: Four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Stade de France: four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 39 others injured

Rue Beaumarchais: three people in a critical condition, four others injuries
Old Nov 13th 2015, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure of official definition of terrorist, but regardless of who did it, not sure this could be called anything else.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 4:01 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts with those in Paris.

I worked for a Parisian company for several years.

My two good friends are both well thankfully and one friend knew someone in the theatre who managed to survive.

I pray the authorities move swiftly to deal with any remaining terrorists and their accomplices.

Keep calm and carry on.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 4:02 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What's going on in Paris tonight is tragic, lamentable and unforgivable, but please don't forget all the things which go on in North America (yes, mostly the US) every day.

And please don't forget why all this is happening in the first place.
You're spot on.

But personally I wouldn't bother with those two.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 4:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What's going on in Paris tonight is tragic, lamentable and unforgivable, but please don't forget all the things which go on in North America (yes, mostly the US) every day.

And please don't forget why all this is happening in the first place.
No excuse ever to attack civilians.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.