Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Own up; hangover or exhaustion?

Own up; hangover or exhaustion?

Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:22 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Own up; hangover or exhaustion?

Originally Posted by emmabell
TV in the UK was just the same.....how many times chitty chitty bang bang can be run with out wearing out I dont know?
Yes too much to do and exhausted at the end of it all. No wonder my OH has gone to VI this christmas. Think he wanted to get away from me and all my sisters (3) and there hubbys and kids, well at least next year I will be doing it over there. (wonder if he would appreciated me booking air tickets for them all to come out) Actually even though I was exhausted I still enjoyed doing my last christmas for all the family in England, and will have a good shop tomorrow at M & S sale......thats after I have queued up taking back presents that are now in the sale. Happy New Year to all.
They're still putting that movie on at Christmas? My gosh, it used to be a Boxing Day tradition before I emigrated back in 1975!! I just read in a Brit newspaper that East Enders was the most watched TV programme on Christmas Day. How depressing is that?! I don't think our TV was on all Christmas Day, too much else to do. On the other hand, the teenagers spent a lot of time on Guitar Hero 3. The "grown ups" were busy cooking, eating, drinking and chatting. Exhausting but happy day, and you won't find me near a store for a few days, at least. Don't care how good the sales are.

Happy New Year everyone!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:38 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Ahh yes but Quebec claims to be a "distinct society" don't they?

Hope you had a merry Christmas in spite of the "tribe".
It was crap. I knew it would be. The only fun bit was nearly being blown up.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
The only fun bit was nearly being blown up.
Sounds intriguing tell us more.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:14 pm

Sounds intriguing tell us more.
Souvette, her brother and I were bored $hitless on Christmas afternoon, so we made a bonfire out of what until recently was his cottage (he had to knock it down when he built his new house). The fire was a biggy and on a deep snowbank next to the cottage. It eventually burned a deep pit into the snow. Then we heard a whistling noise. BIL didn't know what it was. Then there was a smell of burning plastic. The BIL remembered what was under the snowbank. The smell was a burning patio table. The whistling was BBQ-related. Yup. A propane tank in the middle of a very large fire.

Never, in the field of snow shovelling, has so much snow been shifted so quickly by three people.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:21 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Souvette, her brother and I were bored $hitless on Christmas afternoon, so we made a bonfire out of what until recently was his cottage (he had to knock it down when he built his new house). The fire was a biggy and on a deep snowbank next to the cottage. It eventually burned a deep pit into the snow. Then we heard a whistling noise. BIL didn't know what it was. Then there was a smell of burning plastic. The BIL remembered what was under the snowbank. The smell was a burning patio table. The whistling was BBQ-related. Yup. A propane tank in the middle of a very large fire.

Never, in the field of snow shovelling, has so much snow been shifted so quickly by three people.
Wow, talk about spicing up the day.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:28 pm

Wow, talk about spicing up the day.
It beats watching Stargate.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one!

We thought about buring all our rubish, coz we dont have a garbage bin yet, we we unsure of the bylaws. But even still you bonfire sound like a real blast!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

It beats watching Stargate.
nearly was Stargate,
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by jamie123
nearly was Stargate,
Could well have been. It later turned out that there were actually 3 tanks down there.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Could well have been. It later turned out that there were actually 3 tanks down there.
definitely a close shave, thank goodness you were all okay, try buying fireworks for New Year, its a lot safer

have a great New Year
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:13 pm

definitely a close shave, thank goodness you were all okay, try buying fireworks for New Year, its a lot safer

have a great New Year
Fireworks would not be terribly tactful around my BIL.

Anyroadup, my New Year will be most enjoyable. We are heading to the Dominican Republic tonight.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

try buying fireworks for New Year, its a lot safer
I half-heard a piece on TV urging people (Detroiters I assume) not to fire their guns into the air to celebrate the New Year I'll be freaking out every time I hear a <bang>
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Fireworks would not be terribly tactful around my BIL.

Anyroadup, my New Year will be most enjoyable. We are heading to the Dominican Republic tonight.
Lucky bugger - have a great time and a Happy New Year to you and Souvette!