Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

(OT) Fund day at the doctors - NOT!

(OT) Fund day at the doctors - NOT!

Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default (OT) Fun day at the doctors - NOT!

I had one appointment pre-arranged before I returned back to the birth country. But found out that I would have one before the pre arranged one. So today I've been to two places for medicals. Not for immigration purposes, though.

The first was a mammogram. I've heard that you should practice before you go by means of lying on the ground and have a friend repeatedly drive a car across your boob, repeat with the other boob. The actual event came pretty close to what that could possibly feel like. Results in two weeks.

The other was for the flipping depo provera I need for my endometriosis. And they did a blood pressure test while they were at it. I'm normally low but circumstances in consideration (hate needles. Absolutely loath them. They scare the crap out of me) I was expecting to be slightly higher. WRONG. Nurse didn't like the reading at all. My result was 100 over 60. Normally 120 over 60 and I was thinking I would be about 140 over 70.

I think I need to have a chat with my GP.

I guess I'm a zombie.

Last edited by YYZlover; Sep 11th 2008 at 9:50 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of
Default Re: (OT) Fund day at the doctors - NOT!

100/60 seems like a perfectly normal BP reading. I wish mine was that good!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minimeeze
100/60 seems like a perfectly normal BP reading. I wish mine was that good!
I've always had quick recovery after exercise and a low pulse rate at rest or morning. I normally eat salt like there is no tomorrow but recently have been cutting down on it as everyone says it's bad for you. I've been pretty accurate in my guess of a reading as it has been a steady 120/60 since childhood.

But I don't think I've ever been this low. I think I should better start eating more salty food again.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:38 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
I've always had quick recovery after exercise and a low pulse rate at rest or morning. I normally eat salt like there is no tomorrow but recently have been cutting down on it as everyone says it's bad for you. I've been pretty accurate in my guess of a reading as it has been a steady 120/60 since childhood.

But I don't think I've ever been this low. I think I should better start eating more salty food again.

Have a hug from someone else who has thrown coffee at a nurse for trying to change a drip - I too am petrified. I don't know a lot about whats normal or not in the blood pressure stakes but slow down, you've had loads on your plate recently. Go get a massage after every needle - that makes you look forward to them
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Have a hug from someone else who has thrown coffee at a nurse for trying to change a drip - I too am petrified. I don't know a lot about whats normal or not in the blood pressure stakes but slow down, you've had loads on your plate recently. Go get a massage after every needle - that makes you look forward to them
Well, if I slow down any more than I have, I will be a zombie.

LOL

Ps. I'd rather sit 100 hours in a tattoo chair and get my tailbone done over and over than have another anesthesia needle stuck in my lower arm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:52 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if I slow down any more than I have, I will be a zombie.

LOL

Ps. I'd rather sit 100 hours in a tattoo chair and get my tailbone done over and over than have another anesthesia needle stuck in my lower arm.

I know weird how that happens isn't it
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I know weird how that happens isn't it
Indeed.

BTW - Got email. Nice stuff in there. I'm roosting on it at the moment. :-)
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (OT) Fun day at the doctors - NOT!

I had one appointment pre-arranged before I returned back to the birth country. But found out that I would have one before the pre arranged one. So today I've been to two places for medicals. Not for immigration purposes, though.

The first was a mammogram. I've heard that you should practice before you go by means of lying on the ground and have a friend repeatedly drive a car across your boob, repeat with the other boob. The actual event came pretty close to what that could possibly feel like. Results in two weeks.

The other was for the flipping depo provera I need for my endometriosis. And they did a blood pressure test while they were at it. I'm normally low but circumstances in consideration (hate needles. Absolutely loath them. They scare the crap out of me) I was expecting to be slightly higher. WRONG. Nurse didn't like the reading at all. My result was 100 over 60. Normally 120 over 60 and I was thinking I would be about 140 over 70.

I guess I'm a zombie.
I have slightly raised blood pressure, my sister has low blood pressure (life is so unfair!). She has been told that as long as there are no symptoms (light headedness etc.) she should accept it and be grateful - the theory being that as you get older you blood pressure will naturally go up but if you have a lower starting point you are less likely ever to have high blood pressure ( with all the related risks). So while I have to watch my diet and make sure I exercise she can do what she likes!

So, be happy - you got some good news!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:44 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

I guess I'm a zombie.
Yep I am just doing that chore for myself over here in the UK. BP at the moment 100/120 not good, huh wonder why and what can I do Iask?! Been trying to loose some weightand have a healthier lifestyle, eat less salt, do extra physical stuff so the stables are squeeky clean from all my action blah, blah,blah, hopefully will see an improvement, otherwise well GOK...

Last edited by JLT; Sep 12th 2008 at 11:45 pm. Reason: wrong reading
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

terrywogan is a jewel in the roughterrywogan is a jewel in the roughterrywogan is a jewel in the roughterrywogan is a jewel in the rough

I guess I'm a zombie.
Does this mean you pay less tax?