Reload this Page >

Ontario: Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

Ontario: Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ontario: Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
As I have said to you before, in my experience, people choose lawyers that reflect their own personalities, timid people choose timid lawyers, obnoxious people choose obnoxious lawyers. I have never met you or any lawyer that you have instructed some I am unable to comment
Was that one of the reasoned arguments you were looking for dbd33?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Was that one of the reasoned arguments you were looking for dbd33?
Well, it's certainly an unusual viewpoint, this idea of there something to choose between lawyers.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Well, it's certainly an unusual viewpoint, this idea of there something to choose between lawyers.
In my line of work I run into quite a few lawyers, almost all of which are in real estate law, land development and commercial real estate transactions. There are some lawyers that a person would hire to smooth the waters with local Councils and residents in terms of a land development project and there are others that you would hire to have a take no prisoners attitude to ram something through come hell or high water.

One lawyer I deal with is a pit bull that only comes onto a file when all else has failed...others take an approach in which you put a little water in the wine to get what you wanted.

My issue with lawyers is that generally they show little compassion for those that they stamp on or the effects on those who are not their clients.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
My issue with lawyers is that generally they show little compassion for those that they stamp on or the effects on those who are not their clients.
I'm pretty sure they'd treat their clients the same if they weren't the client.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
I'm pretty sure they'd treat their clients the same if they weren't the client.
Yes, my beef with them is that they've no incentive to treat their clients decently. Mismanagement of funds, dubious billing practises, unprofessional conduct, it's run of the mill in the law business and the customer has no practical recourse.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Mismanagement of funds, dubious billing practises, unprofessional conduct, it's run of the mill in the law business and the customer has no practical recourse.
Of course there is no recourse open - the Law Societies are impotent nothings.

All of the above can be directed at any profession - even the IT one

Please put on a different song, this one has been played too often
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:58 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't arguing that and, from your previous posts, it is apparent you got the shitty end of the stick. But, the Guidelines are not supposed to address the issues you have referred to.
I do agree and understand. My poorly stated original point was really that child support should be paid such that the children are maintained at the level they were accustomed to, and are/were entitled to expect. Difficult to enforce or police, from both the payor and the payee's point of view, I agree.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:41 am
Assimilated Pauper

Please put on a different song, this one has been played too often
I too am bored with it but the contradiction between your occupation and your willingness to comment on moral issues is interesting. It's a bit like Bernard Madoff commenting on financial planning.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I too am bored with it but the contradiction between your occupation and your willingness to comment on moral issues is interesting. It's a bit like Bernard Madoff commenting on financial planning.
So, once again, you resort to name calling when you can't win an argument.

Please provide any evidence you have that I am morally corrupt (other than your usual drivel that my occupation means I must be) or withdraw your comments. I have asked you to do this before and you chose not do. I guess we will all get to see the nature of your character by your response (or lack of) to this.