Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

One for the ladies in Canada

One for the ladies in Canada

Old May 21st 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute
Default One for the ladies in Canada

Or maybe the odd fella as well......

Myself and Mrs Inse were wandering through the town over the weekend and went into a shop newly opened. The woman in there is selling, amongst several other things, lines of lingerie. On chatting with the missus she mentioned that she wants to sell some of the European brands of bras and asked what might be popular. Vera ,(the wife), told her of the problems all you female types seem to have with said underwear and now the woman is keener than ever to get some good brands in stock. She did say that she has the same problems herself and looking at her umm, ample charms, you can see why
So come on ladies, let us know what brands you favour and, just maybe, there may be some support on the horizon
Old May 21st 2008, 1:24 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the ladies in Canada

Fantasie and Freya were my favourites in the UK . Liked them as they came in a nice range of sizes , didn't look like armour plating and were very comfortable. Even did a strapless one in my size!!
Old May 21st 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Well I reckon she's on to a real winner with that idea. The underwear here is just so dull and unsexy. It seems to be the same style t-shirt bra in different colours in almost every shop, and that's about the choice. Dull, unimaginitve and downright boring!!
I love sexy stuff from the 'Caprice' range and Debenhams also do a nice line in undies (can't remember the name though). Definitely need to do a bulk 'sexy undies' buy before I move out here permanently!
Old May 21st 2008, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

For the ladies with "ample charms" (as so delightfully phrased by Inse ), I think the Bravissimo catalogue, stores and on-line shopping were very good (although perhaps a pricey) way of supporting one's self in the UK. (And I notice they take american dollars, euros and Aussie dollars so they must have an international fan base! )

Your friend may be advised to check which brands they stock from their website with a view to assisting those who are well-endowed in the boob department.

Otherwise, as Zoe says, Fantasie and Freya have both been good brands.

Inse - your friend may wish also to consider swimsuits with some support too - this is one area I find it sooooo hard to buy. Those skinny speedo thingies that seem to be for sale everywhere here just don't do it for me And I'm about 20 years beyond my bikini phase ....
Old May 21st 2008, 2:54 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
For the ladies with "ample charms" (as so delightfully phrased by Inse ), I think the Bravissimo catalogue, stores and on-line shopping were very good (although perhaps a pricey) way of supporting one's self in the UK. (And I notice they take american dollars, euros and Aussie dollars so they must have an international fan base! )

Your friend may be advised to check which brands they stock from their website with a view to assisting those who are well-endowed in the boob department.

Otherwise, as Zoe says, Fantasie and Freya have both been good brands.

Inse - your friend may wish also to consider swimsuits with some support too - this is one area I find it sooooo hard to buy. Those skinny speedo thingies that seem to be for sale everywhere here just don't do it for me And I'm about 20 years beyond my bikini phase ....

I had to eventually sew some proper cups into my bathing suits. The risk of getting a black eye upon jumping in was otherwise very real. Once wet, the unadulterated bathing suits seemed to just resign in defeat. Sears sell the cups, you just need to be a bit handy with the sewing needle.
Old May 21st 2008, 3:36 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Herself has just purchased some of the new Elle McPherson range.

Herself is no size 6 matchstick, so there must be hope for you girls of a normal size.

R.
Old May 21st 2008, 5:16 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Right I am not being a funny bugger here, and some of you will know i have posted this before, but I have NOT ONCE! In the last year found a 34DD bra that is under $40.................it seems like they don't physically make the size. It goes from the 34C straight to 36........ Now I am sure that other people will say I am being a moron, but that's been my experience here in the Bridge.

Mrs M xx
Old May 21st 2008, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m

And for further research....

http://www.amplebosom.com/

I've never bought from them but I just love the name of the company! She is a farmer's wife who diversified further than B & B!
Old May 21st 2008, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know brands, I'm still relying on M&S parcels... but I remember my favourite nursing bras in the UK came out of the pack with a ruddy great maple leaf on them, "Canada's finest" blurb attached, blah blah... I had such high hopes for bras when I came over
Old May 21st 2008, 3:01 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G586
She is a farmer's wife who diversified further than B & B!

to D & D and beyond!
Old May 21st 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

When we were living in Asia, and couldn't get a bra bigger than a B cup! I used to buy all mine from figleaves.com. From memory, they deliver worldwide for about £4 and within a couple of weeks and they have a really good range of brands incl. Lejaby, Charnos, Freya, Fanisise and Elle McPherson. They also do swimwear and some mens things.
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, im glad this has come up..i have more than ample bosom...g cup..i cant find a shop in my area in saskatchewan that goes up to that size cup...any websites anyone can suggest...ohhh how i miss m&s for my bra's...should have stocked up before i got here.
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:30 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who actually doesn't like M&S bras?? I never found anything to fit me and there sizing was crap.

Have found a nice little boutique place on queens street here , thanks to pretty flowers for that one. They are cheaper than what I used to buy in the UK and the fitting service was fabulous , I must have been in there ages , they made me try loads of different styles , in several cup sizes to work out what was best in each style. They also wrote it all down for me so next time I go in , I can pick the right style in the right size.
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Am I the only one who actually doesn't like M&S bras?? I never found anything to fit me and there sizing was crap.
I went into an M&S in Bristol (no pun intended!) recently to get measured and was surprised that the lady told me they don't measure any more. Well they do, but not with a tape measure! She just had a good look at my boobs and the bra I was wearing, and guesstimated a better size for me from that! She was spot on though, no complaints
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:32 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I went into an M&S in Bristol (no pun intended!) recently to get measured and was surprised that the lady told me they don't measure any more. Well they do, but not with a tape measure! She just had a good look at my boobs and the bra I was wearing, and guesstimated a better size for me from that! She was spot on though, no complaints
This sounds like my kind of job. What are the required qualifications to get such a position?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.