Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

omg i am so bored...!

omg i am so bored...!

Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default omg i am so bored...!

lol! I dunno whats up to night but I am sooo bored we have sat there for about an hour flicking through the hundreds of naff tv programmes trying to find SOMETHING to watch! lol! and ended up with hubbie puttin UFC on... agghhh!! I am sat with JD & Coke in hand and i have made some extraordinary cheese dip and chips! lol!!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:55 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: omg i am so bored...!

Don't hog the chips and dip - pass them over this way
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by R I C H
Don't hog the chips and dip - pass them over this way
here you go! I am obsessed with dips at the mo! lol! Never was before but I went an epicure party a few weeks back now we are dipping everything! lol!!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:59 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Our neighbour went to one of those too and we've been experimenting too. Er, I mean making dips, not doing stuff with the neighbour, IYSWIM.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarahad
here you go! I am obsessed with dips at the mo! lol! Never was before but I went an epicure party a few weeks back now we are dipping everything! lol!!
Blimey
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:02 am
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by Sally
Blimey
Wonder if vinegar based dips sting?
BE Enthusiast

Our neighbour went to one of those too and we've been experimenting too. Er, I mean making dips, not doing stuff with the neighbour, IYSWIM.
lol I believe you! Well have you tried the extraordinary cheese dip?? ... your neighbour must have got the recipe when got the order?! my other fave is the cheese chives and bacon one... yum!
Account Closed

Wonder if vinegar based dips sting?
and salsa
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:05 am
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by Sally
and salsa
There are elements of salsa that could cause irritation in the wrong places.

Keep sour cream handy for emergencies
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:07 am
Account Closed

There are elements of salsa that could cause irritation in the wrong places.

Keep sour cream handy for emergencies
Yes...nice combo
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

I've got a good recipe for spinach dip i you want it?

Watching Brat Camp UK on Slice at the mo - its good to see all these wayward UK girls having to rough it in the states....
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

yes i will have that recipe please!!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Blue cheese dip for me please
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Don't know a blue cheese one - sorry - but you could play with this recipe and then add some chopped up blue cheese instead of the soup mix and spinach?

Spinach Dip
1-2 cups mayonnaise (helmans is nicest for this - its a bit stodgier)
1-2 cups sour cream
1 small packet of frozen spinach which has been defrosted, drained (ie squeezed) and dried a bit with some kitchen roll.
1/2 - 1 dried packet soup mix - Knorr vegetable or leek or whatever you fancy (people can get very precious about which one to use so try a few out to pick the best - we like the leek)

Mix all ingredients and leave ideally for 24 hours covered in the fridge to make sure all the dried bits get reconstituted.
Serve with veggie sticks - and french bread - or chunks of brown.

If you use 2 cups of wet stuff - use all the packet soup mix - if one cup of each try only half to start with. Depending how spinachy you want it will determine how much of the spinach to add - I use one packet for total of 2 cups of wet stuff - that's pretty spinachy. Best way to get the proportions right is just to experiment!

Another Recipe for a Layered Dip
1- 2 cups cream cheese + 1-2 cups mayo - mixed together
Jar of salsa (heat depending on who's eating it)
Grated cheddar on top (or layer of sour cream - then grated cheddar on top if you're feeling particularly calorific)
Sprinkling of chopped green onions (scallions/spring onions)

This one's good for tortilla chips or other crispy dipping things.

Canadian kids will recognise this one and dig right in as long as you use the orange cheddar and a mild/medium salsa.

Dips really are an art in Canada - and EVERYONE has an opinion - if you serve to company be prepared to be told you've done it wrong!! Everyone has their own special way and will be very happy to tell you about it
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Blue cheese dip

Equal parts strong blue cheese and greek yoghurt with some chopped chives

Blitz in the bender until creamy, sprinkle a little chopped chives on top.

Yummee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.