Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Oh dear my poor mother was on this flight...

Oh dear my poor mother was on this flight...

Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh dear my poor mother was on this flight...

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Lo...299/story.html
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oh dear my poor mother was on this flight...

And....?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:50 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Hope she is ok and everything is alright?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point

She seems less stressed than I am, they finally got off at 3.40 this afternoon, thankfully its a different plane!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:26 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear
Old Nov 17th 2011, 1:14 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Lordy!

That's terrifying...I would have been going nuts and you probably wouldn't have got me on another flight.

Glad everyone was ok and your Mum wasn't too upset about it, props to her for being so calm!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the daughter with the mother on the flight. All that instant messaging must have screwed the controls up; at least if what the staff on planes tell us is to be believed
Old Nov 17th 2011, 8:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I blame the daughter with the mother on the flight. All that instant messaging must have screwed the controls up; at least if what the staff on planes tell us is to be believed
Yeah..but that is just for take off and landing innit? Once you are airborne, it's good to whip out the various gadgets
Old Nov 18th 2011, 1:48 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to figure out what the problem here is. A plane had minor technical issues, and returned to the airport rather than continuing the flight. Something that happens dozens of times a day. Heck I've done it in my little Cessna.

Seriously though, other than some inconvenienced passengers what is the issue, I've completely missed it. And I'm completely confused as to why this is appearing in news stories all over the country. Something minor went wrong, the pilot didn't like the look of it, it turned around and landed perfectly safely. Now if the landing gear hadn't come down it would have been a different issue, but this is standard procedure in the case of an abnormality.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 2:43 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
I'm trying to figure out what the problem here is. A plane had minor technical issues, and returned to the airport rather than continuing the flight. Something that happens dozens of times a day. Heck I've done it in my little Cessna.

Seriously though, other than some inconvenienced passengers what is the issue, I've completely missed it. And I'm completely confused as to why this is appearing in news stories all over the country. Something minor went wrong, the pilot didn't like the look of it, it turned around and landed perfectly safely. Now if the landing gear hadn't come down it would have been a different issue, but this is standard procedure in the case of an abnormality.
A sad day for aviation yesterday, one that did not make it back. After a 3 week battle with his injuries, Matt Robic (26), passed away last night. He was the 2nd pilot on the NT Air 204, King Air that came down short of YVR on Oct 27.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 10:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 1:54 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
A sad day for aviation yesterday, one that did not make it back. After a 3 week battle with his injuries, Matt Robic (26), passed away last night. He was the 2nd pilot on the NT Air 204, King Air that came down short of YVR on Oct 27.
Tragic - a talented man of such a young age.
Condolences all round..