Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Not giving up but.....

Not giving up but.....

Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not giving up but.....

For health reasons in my family it looks like I have to go back to my home country, Sweden, and leave UK. Fact is - I'm looking forward to it. I never planned to stay in UK longer than two years. I've been here for just over 4.

Reasons being a text message received yesterday morning that my sister, who is a kidney transplantee, was in hospital due to an epileptic seizure. She is past 30, never had one and live out in the sticks. So does my aging parents. There are horses on the farm and my visit there a week ago showed me they need help. I was also extremely reluctant to get on that flight back to UK when it was time to leave.

Luckily my business in UK won't suffer. I get broadband on the farm (as of end of this month). As long as I have an internet connection I can work anywhere in the world. I'll just telecommute. Skype in numbers will be set up.

I'm starting to sift through what goes in to storage and what goes with me in the car.

I'm not giving up on moving to Canada. It will just have to be postponed for a while and in the mean time I'll be somewhere where I am loads happier, as that is something I am not here in UK.

YYZlover
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future
Default Re: Not giving up but.....

Hi YYZ,

Sorry to hear about your sister, hope things work out ok for you.

Adbru
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your sister, hope she recovers soon. Good luck with your move back, I hope it all goes well.

Sharon
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:49 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
For health reasons in my family it looks like I have to go back to my home country, Sweden, and leave UK. Fact is - I'm looking forward to it. I never planned to stay in UK longer than two years. I've been here for just over 4.

Reasons being a text message received yesterday morning that my sister, who is a kidney transplantee, was in hospital due to an epileptic seizure. She is past 30, never had one and live out in the sticks. So does my aging parents. There are horses on the farm and my visit there a week ago showed me they need help. I was also extremely reluctant to get on that flight back to UK when it was time to leave.

Luckily my business in UK won't suffer. I get broadband on the farm (as of end of this month). As long as I have an internet connection I can work anywhere in the world. I'll just telecommute. Skype in numbers will be set up.

I'm starting to sift through what goes in to storage and what goes with me in the car.

I'm not giving up on moving to Canada. It will just have to be postponed for a while and in the mean time I'll be somewhere where I am loads happier, as that is something I am not here in UK.

YYZlover
Things happen for a reason, so maybe this was meant to be. Good luck to you and I sure hope all goes well with your sister.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you all the best with your move back and hope your sister gets well

kind regards,
Tina
Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all!

One good thing is that I am going through *everything* here in UK and basically throwing away loads, filling bags to charity shops etc.

Then back in Sweden there is a barn full of stuff for me to go through as well.

Mom and I are hoarders. She worse than me. So when I get there I'll teach her all about ebay and paypal and get her going through her stuff as well. Found a dress above the garage I think is a Pucci. I'm trying to have it identified.

Anyway - I too believe everything happens for a reason so this is good. Just feel like there is so much I would have loved to see here in UK before I leave. But then again, I will have to bring the car back at somepoint anyway so will probably do a bit of a holiday out of it.

Again - thanks all. Better get back to the "life laundry".