Nostalgia

Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:34 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nostalgia

Anyone craving it, this might be useful :

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:52 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nostalgia

Originally Posted by Tangram
Anyone craving it, this might be useful :

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/
Craving what?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:55 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Craving what?
Clue's in the title. Personally, I've taken to watching Q.I. instead of the rat piss on TV.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:57 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Clue's in the title. Personally, I've taken to watching Q.I. instead of the rat piss on TV.
Q.I.? Still no wiser, sorry.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:59 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Q.I.? Still no wiser, sorry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.I.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:02 am
Born again atheist

Err, thanks. Wiser, in a reluctant sort of way I suppose, but even less interested.

Ah, well.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:03 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Err, thanks. Wiser, in a reluctant sort of way I suppose, but even less interested.

Ah, well.
Quite Interesting though. And more so surely than Canuck politics ?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Kev
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:08 am
Born again atheist

Quite Interesting though. And more so surely than Canuck politics ?
To be frank I still have no clue what you're referring too. I looked at the link and all I found was a bunch of old TV adverts or trailers.

Please be being forgiving to a geriatric poster and be more specific.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:11 am
Seasoned Maritimer

To be frank I still have no clue what you're referring too. I looked at the link and all I found was a bunch of old TV adverts or trailers.

Please be being forgiving to a geriatric poster and be more specific.
The link was forwarded to me as it has snippits of TV nostalgia from childhood years.

Like I said above, I have been watching the programme Q.I. recently on the YouTube in preference to the charms of the current offerings of Canadian televisual feasts.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:16 am
Born again atheist

The link was forwarded to me as it has snippits of TV nostalgia from childhood years.

Like I said above, I have been watching the programme Q.I. recently on the YouTube in preference to the charms of the current offerings of Canadian televisual feasts.
OK, I think.... Snippets of TV hold little nostalgia for me. I've long ago mastered the art of pondering more serious things while trailers, adverts and other snippets abuse my living space.

Each to his own.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:44 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

We used to have that wooden TV that Angela Rippon is on.

Or is it Sue Lawley?

Gotta love the Clangers though ehh, 100% better that Telly Tubbies

Last edited by magnumpi; Apr 12th 2011 at 3:24 am.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 5:29 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
We used to have that wooden TV that Angela Rippon is on.

Or is it Sue Lawley?

Gotta love the Clangers though ehh, 100% better that Telly Tubbies
You're 100% wrong there, that was just a shed load of over indulgent hippy-dippy drug inference bollox. Roland, Kevin and Errol were the main men back in the day. A bit of social realism to reflect the harshness of Thatcher's Britain while you were eating Ready Brek.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:34 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to watch Crossroads complete with wobbly sets and Miss Diane Then I shall leap into the 80s and catch an eyeful of all the shell suits and curly perms on Brookie .... barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:02 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You're 100% wrong there, that was just a shed load of over indulgent hippy-dippy drug inference bollox. Roland, Kevin and Errol were the main men back in the day. A bit of social realism to reflect the harshness of Thatcher's Britain while you were eating Ready Brek.
I liked Thatchers Britain. Or rather, I liked the 80's and the fact that Thatcher was PM didn't impinge on that. You should embrace the nostalgia for your childhood / yoof without the need for defining it or yourself in terms of politics. It's what your nan would want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.