NHL finals on UK TV?

Old May 31st 2011, 9:11 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default NHL finals on UK TV?

Does anyone know if any UK tv, Sky etc, will be showing the hockey finals, live or otherwise?

I am over here for ten days and need my hockey fix!
Old May 31st 2011, 9:42 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NHL finals on UK TV?

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
Does anyone know if any UK tv, Sky etc, will be showing the hockey finals, live or otherwise?

ESPN America broadcast NHL I think. It's a free channel on Virgin XL, if you know anyone who has cable.
Old May 31st 2011, 5:35 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Old May 31st 2011, 5:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BTJ
ESPN America broadcast NHL I think.
Yep.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearch...20Ice%20Hockey
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:01 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If I was in the UK for the next 10 days, I'd thank my lucky stars that I wouldn't have to listen to all the ruddy nonsense about hockey.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:04 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
If I was in the UK for the next 10 days, I'd thank my lucky stars that I wouldn't have to listen to all the ruddy nonsense about hockey.
You think you've got it bad you try being in Vancouver, that's all they bloody talk about all bloody day long. One doesn't want to be rude but I wish they'd **** off!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:09 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You think you've got it bad you try being in Vancouver, that's all they bloody talk about all bloody day long. One doesn't want to be rude but I wish they'd **** off!
Actually, one does want to be rude. Very rude indeed.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:36 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Actually, one does want to be rude. Very rude indeed.
If you two are pissed off about ice hockey then I'm delighted. It looks good on the BE's resident snobs.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:45 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
If you two are pissed off about ice hockey then I'm delighted. It looks good on the BE's resident snobs.
Someone has to set the standards.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:58 pm
little snowy owl

Well I was a (field) hockey fan before ever came to Canada, but ice hockey knocks spots off sissy soccer (read football if you will), any day of the week!!!

If you'll don't like it then you know what to do.

Unfortunately parents are not subscribed to EPSN, (Electroplated silver nickel??) so maybe I have to make do with news reports anyway.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:02 pm
Born again atheist

Well I was a (field) hockey fan before ever came to Canada, but ice hockey knocks spots off sissy soccer (read football if you will), any day of the week!!!

Unfortunately parents are not subscribed to EPSN, (Electroplated silver nickel??) so maybe I have to make do with news reports anyway.
I congratulate your parents on their sensibility.

What is annoying is not the sport itself (I never watch it), it's the endless drivel about it wherever you go.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:02 pm

Vancouver 1 Boston 0.

Raffi Torres scored for Vancouver with 18.5 second left in regular time.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...megadrop_story
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:05 pm

What is annoying is not the sport itself (I never watch it), it's the endless drivel about it wherever you go.
I'm not an NHL fan I think I've made that clear over the years but I am a fan of hockey.

However this is likely the reason you see so much wherever you go.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/Be...833/story.html

I didn't watch any of last nights game instead we watched a couple of quite good UK TV shows one Case Sensitive the other The Country House Revealed (Wentworth Woodhouse).

Last edited by Steve_P; Jun 2nd 2011 at 3:10 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:12 pm
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I'm not an NHL fan I think I've made that clear over the years but I am a fan of hockey.

However this is likely the reason you see so much wherever you go.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/Be...833/story.html

I didn't watch any of last nights game instead we watched a couple of quite good UK TV shows one Case Sensitive the other The Country House Revealed (Wentworth Woodhouse).
Well OK, that is rather silly.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:17 pm
little snowy owl

It's not that Dad doesn't watch sport. He spends the day almost literally glued to Sky Sports, watching tennis, golf, cricket or rugby mostly. He has to sit so close because of his very poor eye-sight that all Mum gets to see is the back of his head, which doesn't make for very good conversation. Hence all sport is "That bloody Sport" as far as she is concerned!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.