Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Friday June 22nd, Scotland Yard, 6 - 6:30 pm until ????

Sweet potato fries available but not recommended.

Let me know, I may need to reserve the back room if numbers increase above the current eight or nine.

Time, place and date non negotiable, so don't even try.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Next TO meetup: no cat herding allowed.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

Let me know, I may need to reserve the back room if numbers increase above the current eight or nine.

Even though I've already told you I'll be going, I felt compelled to add to this thread because it looked sad with no replies. I have just been given a pass by the husband. Looking forward to it.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lvh76
Even though I've already told you I'll be going, I felt compelled to add to this thread because it looked sad with no replies. I have just been given a pass by the husband. Looking forward to it.
You could bring the husband. His employer has just agreed to acquire a business unit from a firm where I do some, well a lot, of consultancy. I could pepper him with questions regarding his firm's intentions. Or not, even.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:22 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer sad threads. I'm sentimental.

I think it was the mention of sweet potato fries.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
You could bring the husband. His employer has just agreed to acquire a business unit from a firm where I do some, well a lot, of consultancy. I could pepper him with questions regarding his firm's intentions. Or not, even.
He's the compliance director thus has no social skills so I would rather leave him at home. I'm joking of course. We have two v small kids and no babysitter as of yet. I'm in more dire need of adult company than him so it's agreed that I get to go out. I will bring a pad and pen to write down any questions you may have re the business unit acquisition.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:52 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of madness is this?

Have you not seen The Wicker Man (1973)?

Have you not seen Deliverance?

My advice is, if you have to go, go with a group of friends. Take a personal alarm, take some pepper spray, take an electroshock weapon and a handbag with a brick in it.

Good luck

Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Greenhill
What kind of madness is this?

Have you not seen The Wicker Man (1973)?

Have you not seen Deliverance?

My advice is, if you have to go, go with a group of friends. Take a personal alarm, take some pepper spray, take an electroshock weapon and a handbag with a brick in it.

Good luck
Having grown up in North Wales I would feel quite at home in a situation akin to either of those movies.

I will, however, be taking a friend
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:57 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Having grown up in North Wales I would feel quite at home in a situation akin to either of those movies.

I will, however, be taking a friend
It's probably safer that way

Are they into swinging too?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:00 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Greenhill

Have you not seen The Wicker Man (1973)? dbd33.

Have you not seen Deliverance? Starring JamesM.

My advice is, if you have to go, go with a group of friends. Take a personal alarm, take some pepper spray, take an electroshock weapon and a handbag with a brick in it. Almost certainly in i2C's handbag.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

That's funny because in my mind I have Dbd as an Edward Woodward lookeylikey.

I reckon there's probably a lot more swinging going on in this neighbourhood then I will ever encounter downtown
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:04 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I might join you good people if I may.

Where's scotland yard, and what time is the flight?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:11 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I think I might join you good people if I may.

Where's scotland yard, and what time is the flight?
The fight is when ever it happens. Scotland Yard is on the Esplanade, conveniently near Union Station.

Look out for a Harry H. Corbett lookalike accompanied by his scintillatingly beautiful new bride, an aging skinhead who should know better from Oakville, a debonair young chap with fruit hanging off his beer glass and an eye up the waitress's micro-skirt, a distinguished gentleman of maturing charm accompanied by his much cleverer OH, Mycroftia and a deceptively academic looking fellow who could drink everyone except the fruity guy under the table. Oh, I missed one, but I've only met him once and he seemed perfectly normal, disappointingly.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jun 8th 2012 at 12:15 am.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

It will be a pleasure and not even remotely a chore. See you there, Professor.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:27 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by London Mike
It will be a pleasure and not even remotely a chore. See you there, Professor.
You're the one I couldn't adequately satirize. Do you want to self identify for the newbies?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Which one are you Novo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.