A new scam - Amazon

Old Jan 18th 2019, 6:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A new scam - Amazon

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
gmail spam filters can work a little too well.

i often send reminder emails from my personal gmail account to my work email account ( non gmail) as reminders for when I get into the office

my work email blocks them as spam and sends a blocked notification back to my gmail

Which gmail then blocks as spam!!

Does it send a reminder in the event of no acknowledgement?
Old Jan 21st 2019, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another:

It Only Takes 1 Phish: Wichita State University Employees Get Fooled Into Losing Their Paychecks

Three employees of the university fell prey to a common scam asking for their credentials, giving cybercriminals access to change banking details.

We’ve said it time and time again: the bad guys do their homework. In the case of the attack on WSU employees, cybercriminals spoofed the university’s payroll system and sent emails to employees tricking them into providing their university ID and password. That was all the attackers needed to gain full control to the employee’s profile, personal data, and most importantly – banking information.

It wasn’t until a number of employees did not receive their paychecks that the scam was found out. At least three members of the WSU staff fell for the scam, allowing cybercriminals to alter the employee’s personal banking details which caused paycheck payments to be routed to the criminals’ bank.

The university implied that they would make the employee whole, despite not being responsible for the attack, but indicated that they would not be able to do so in the future should it happen again.

Old Jan 21st 2019, 4:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The university implied that they would make the employee whole
Is this a new(ish) expression?
That makes three times I've heard it in the last week (admittedly one from Better Call Saul from about 3 years ago) and never at all before.