Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Need a hand moving in Calgary

Need a hand moving in Calgary

Old Nov 16th 2018, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need a hand moving in Calgary

Bit of a longshot but....I'm moving from Winnipeg to Calgary next weekend 24/25th Nov, moving myself with a truck and trailer and basically have nobody to help unload when I arrive, just a 1 bed apartment, my friend will help me at the Winnipeg end but they can't come to Calgary and I don't know a single person there and the new landlord's offer of assistance has evaporated. I considered putting an ad on Kijiji for some help but tbh i'd rather not invite a random unknown person to go through my belongings so a British Expat who wants to earn a few quid and a free dinner seemed like a better idea. Anyone near downtown Calgary who can lend a hand?
Old Nov 16th 2018, 7:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a hand moving in Calgary

Originally Posted by Kiowan
Bit of a longshot but....I'm moving from Winnipeg to Calgary next weekend 24/25th Nov, moving myself with a truck and trailer and basically have nobody to help unload when I arrive, just a 1 bed apartment, my friend will help me at the Winnipeg end but they can't come to Calgary and I don't know a single person there and the new landlord's offer of assistance has evaporated. I considered putting an ad on Kijiji for some help but tbh i'd rather not invite a random unknown person to go through my belongings so a British Expat who wants to earn a few quid and a free dinner seemed like a better idea. Anyone near downtown Calgary who can lend a hand?
Check out Uhaul 'helpers' if you don't get any takers..

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingHelp/
There's also this lot: https://www.mrniceguymovers.ca/single-post/2017/08/26/Calgary-Movers-Loading-Unloading
https://www.armcraftmovers.com/residential-moving-help

http://personalmovers.ca/
Hope the move goes smoothly .. good luck!

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 16th 2018 at 7:48 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need a hand moving in Calgary

No, I haven't seen that, looks fairly reasonable though thanks.