Wikiposts

need friends

Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need friends

Originally Posted by roseinedmonton
hi,

My name is Rosemary, I am 44 years old. We moved to Sherwood Park from Rotherham (South Yorkshire), on the 14th of August 2008. I moved here with my OH, my 15 year old son (who is mad about B.M.X) and 2 daughters, that are 11 and 6 year old. I posted on the site quite a while ago. I have been reading everybody's posts and thought I should contribute to this great site. We are renting a house in Brentwood and love the Canadian life (people are so friendly here). We can't still get over the cars stopping to let you cross the road, even when you are not at the crossings. My husband has got a fantastic job and my children go to great schools and have made many friends. I am a housewife, and would love to meet other expats.

look forward to hearing from you
Hi Rosemary, some of us are going to meet up at the Festival of Trees in a couple of weeks time if you want to come with us. You can read about our plans here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=549869&page=9
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

roseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant future

Thank you jempee, piff poff, woodmanbg, Judy and 4 bells for your best wishes I really appreciate them.There lots of nice people on here.
Pollyb I would love to meet up with you,pm me when you move over, best wishes with your move.You will love it

moondevil thank you for your welcome.

Deedoger 74 I will pm you.
onlycanada all my best wishes with your move to Canada it would be nice to meet you when you come over pm me and we will meet up.

Lisadd I'm in sherwood park, sorry I dont have facebook but I have pm you and will help you with any worries you may have Best wishes

Last edited by roseinedmonton; Nov 11th 2008 at 1:54 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:10 am

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: need friends

Hi Rose,

Unfortunately i am not in Edmonton either but thought i would say "hi" and welcome to the forum. My cousin is in Drayton Valley, which is not far from you.......... her name on here is fionamst, drop her a pm, she's a lovely girl and would love to hear from you. All the best and again a windy welcome from us in southern Alberda.

Lorraine
xxxx
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Thank you to all who replied to my message. I met a British lady who served me in Zellers the other day and she said it was her first winter last year. It was'nt as bad as she thought it would be. I love the seasons that's why we came to Canada and not Australia. The weather has been lovely so far but we have just purchased our thick coats and boots awaiting the Canadian winter.We are looking forward to seeing the childen on their sledges and hoping to have ago myself - really looking forward to it all.
ive made friends here in Kingston through my kids, their fiends mums and dads all seem really nice, one of them has offered to take my girl along with hers to a batton class everyweek and the other has got me a job where she works, they are all really helpful, i like my new friends but still miss my old ones!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

roseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant future

Hello Rainey 69, I will pm your cousin. Thankyou.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:30 am
Just Joined

fudges will become famous soon enough

hi,

My name is Rosemary, I am 44 years old. We moved to Sherwood Park from Rotherham (South Yorkshire), on the 14th of August 2008. I moved here with my OH, my 15 year old son (who is mad about B.M.X) and 2 daughters, that are 11 and 6 year old. I posted on the site quite a while ago. I have been reading everybody's posts and thought I should contribute to this great site. We are renting a house in Brentwood and love the Canadian life (people are so friendly here). We can't still get over the cars stopping to let you cross the road, even when you are not at the crossings. My husband has got a fantastic job and my children go to great schools and have made many friends. I am a housewife, and would love to meet other expats.

Hi Rosemary
We hae just moved to sherwood park 3 weeks ago I have 3 children oldest 8 middle 6 and youngest 15months.
Also in same situation know absolutly no-one.
hope you have settled well.

Becky
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:30 am
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Me too....wanted to say hi and good luck! You sound nice you'll make loads of friends! then by the sounds of it you'll have everything.Happy you are happpy
Eve x
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

In March I will be in the same position. We are moving to Red Deer. Unfortunately I do not have any school age children or job yet. My OH has a job to go to so he will be fine.
Where will I meet people? The supermarket lol... maybe.
I know we will have to join some sort of activity club or whatever. We also have a 19 year old son with us and how will he meet people his own age.
Any suggestions would be great
Sorry for the hijack here.

Tina

Last edited by albertabound; Dec 5th 2008 at 2:46 am. Reason: more to thread
Old Dec 5th 2008, 9:57 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, You know me!

There is the Red Deer newcomers club - not been myself though. What sort of job are you looking for - you'll meet people through work. Do you have a dog that you walk? If so you'll meet people that way. I go to Curves - more meeting people. As for your 19 year old - will he go to college/school? I could maybe look into some volunteer or teen groups for him - Ruby Murrays son is turning 18 soon - maybe pm her, I believe he goes to the boxing club.

PM me if you need some help with stuff - if you want
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:10 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

Hi

we just moved over a couple of weeks ago, if you ever want to meet up at West Ed Mall let me know. I'm free for a couple of weeks for a chat and a coffee, and I could fit in some window shopping.

Feel free to PM me.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:19 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add on the last message, anyone wanting to meet up in Edmonton just PM me.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:05 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Just to add on the last message, anyone wanting to meet up in Edmonton just PM me.
Cassie - be careful - dont make yr self sound too desperate for friends -they ll have you down as that nut job from be
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Cassie - be careful - dont make yr self sound too desperate for friends -they ll have you down as that nut job from be
Did it come across as desperate just trying to be friendly.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Cass

I think it sounded ok

Tina
Old Dec 6th 2008, 4:31 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Did it come across as desperate just trying to be friendly.
Originally Posted by albertabound
Hiya Cass

I think it sounded ok

Tina
was only joking with you xxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.