Wikiposts

need friends

Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

roseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant future
Default need friends

hi,

My name is Rosemary, I am 44 years old. We moved to Sherwood Park from Rotherham (South Yorkshire), on the 14th of August 2008. I moved here with my OH, my 15 year old son (who is mad about B.M.X) and 2 daughters, that are 11 and 6 year old. I posted on the site quite a while ago. I have been reading everybody's posts and thought I should contribute to this great site. We are renting a house in Brentwood and love the Canadian life (people are so friendly here). We can't still get over the cars stopping to let you cross the road, even when you are not at the crossings. My husband has got a fantastic job and my children go to great schools and have made many friends. I am a housewife, and would love to meet other expats.

look forward to hearing from you
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: need friends

Originally Posted by roseinedmonton
hi,

My name is Rosemary, I am 44 years old. We moved to Sherwood Park from Rotherham (South Yorkshire), on the 14th of August 2008. I moved here with my OH, my 15 year old son (who is mad about B.M.X) and 2 daughters, that are 11 and 6 year old. I posted on the site quite a while ago. I have been reading everybody's posts and thought I should contribute to this great site. We are renting a house in Brentwood and love the Canadian life (people are so friendly here). We can't still get over the cars stopping to let you cross the road, even when you are not at the crossings. My husband has got a fantastic job and my children go to great schools and have made many friends. I am a housewife, and would love to meet other expats.

Hi Rosemary, not in your area unfortunatly but 101 posters viewed your post and no ones replied so thought i would bump you back up the screen
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:07 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd say hi too. Hope your settling in well and that your first winter isn't too scary
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:43 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thought I'd say hi too. Hope your settling in well and that your first winter isn't too scary
Yeah me too, hope you make friends very soon.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:48 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Rosemary. Here's waving at you from Vancouver Island.

If you start a thread that says "Get together in Edmonton" or "Meet up in Edmonton," it probably will be more noticeable to the forum members in your area.
x
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

roseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant futureroseinedmonton has a brilliant future

Thank you to all who replied to my message. I met a British lady who served me in Zellers the other day and she said it was her first winter last year. It was'nt as bad as she thought it would be. I love the seasons that's why we came to Canada and not Australia. The weather has been lovely so far but we have just purchased our thick coats and boots awaiting the Canadian winter.We are looking forward to seeing the childen on their sledges and hoping to have ago myself - really looking forward to it all.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

pollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to all

hi,

I am moving to Edmonton area with my OH hopefully approx January 09 and I will need new friends. Would be nice to meet up.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of

hi,

hello and welcome to BE. I am moving soon to Calgary but down in the SE. I am hoping to make lots of new friiends too but a little worried about all sorts off things. Drop me a PM or do you have facebook?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:41 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hi and welcome to the forum, we are not in edmonton, but thought id drop by and say hi

Like the other poster advised, facebook is another way of linking with people in your area, helped me
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moondevil
Hi and welcome to the forum, we are not in edmonton, but thought id drop by and say hi

Like the other poster advised, facebook is another way of linking with people in your area, helped me
hello there,

I have found facebook a good way of linking with people, where abouts are you again??? add me to your facebook could have a chat through there?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:49 am
Just Joined

deedogar74 is a jewel in the roughdeedogar74 is a jewel in the roughdeedogar74 is a jewel in the roughdeedogar74 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
I too am moving to SW Calgary end of December and would love to meet up with some expats. Again, i too have facebook, send me a PM! anyone!!!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 2:02 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lisadd
hello there,

I have found facebook a good way of linking with people, where abouts are you again??? add me to your facebook could have a chat through there?
Originally Posted by deedogar74
Hi
I too am moving to SW Calgary end of December and would love to meet up with some expats. Again, i too have facebook, send me a PM! anyone!!!
PM's sent, i have joined froups in the area and started to meet other mums, works well
Old Nov 11th 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

onlycanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Roseinedmonton.

Apologies. I was one of those people who browsed & just passed by your post earlier. Your situation made me empathasise with you, as we are (probably) moving to Edmonton next summer. (Through hubbys work) I will then be in the same position. I am 44 this month (Not young, but not old) & with teenage girls currently 13 & 15. Im sure I will face the same issues.

So when we do finally get there I would love to meet up & you can give me lots of expert (by then) advice on how to settle.

It has been interesting to see just how many people posting on here are in the Edmonton area. The city is certainly growing.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Rosemary
I am on facebook also although as i said im not in your area. Will PM you my facebook details if you are on facebook??? just let me know.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:54 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

sorry sorry sorry - I looked and didnt post initially - as we are headed to Van - but here for support if you need it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.