Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:16 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

Well thats it, took just under 2yrs to get here........
Been on highes, been on some really bad lows, but now its here im scared

Spending the last 24hrs with my mum, will use her net to check stuff, but everytime i think of it i start to cry........

I wouldnt change a thing, its been a roller coaster, made loads of new friends, also made some and broke some, but thats life and we carry on.
The ones that we take with us are the quality one.
Will i miss my house in the uk....no, i fell out with it months ago.
Will i miss the town that i live in.....no it has changed for the worse over the last few years.......
I will miss the green of the countryside that i live in, my family and being able to nip and have a brew with my friends, but the life in front is good and we know we can do it.

We said goodbye to our boxes the other day and the kids just have there carr on cases, but boxes will be there next week, so not that bad for the kids.
Have one week with hubby until he starts work, alot to do and alot to sort out, im not leaving expats...ILL be back

Probably helping others to do the same move if they need it.
Thanks to those special expats who have helped us, especially gaynor who has been such a star when i couldnt sleep and listened to my major wobbles, its good to know that someone else has gone through what we are going through and has such a fab life now.

NASTY man comes and collects my interet and tv boxes shortly, so that is it, all the research, all the internet sites, all gone until i get re-connected on the otherside.
For those who are going through research and the move, yeah it is all worth it, expect to get wobbles, laughing is good, but crying really lets it all flow.

Speak on the otherside, immagration will be a breeze after the hassle we have had with our house buyers

From
ME. him and my little darlings
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice
Default Re: My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

You finally got to this point! So pleased for you and your family. Let us know how you get on when you reach the other side.

Thankyou so much for your help in sorting out OH resume etc - we couldn't have done it without you!

Bon voyage from your fellow "local" Lancashire lass

Have a great trip and even better new life
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:26 am
I'm here somewhere

DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future

What a lovely post, I really wish you all the best with your move.

Although we are technically only starting out on our move to Canada (my hubby received his job offer about a fortnight ago), we are looking to move out there approx May 2009 and when I think about it thats only 7-8 months and thats when I get scared and want to bury my head, there is so much to do and with the housing market as it stands isn't promising for a sale.

But from reading other members journey's, it makes me determined that I will follow through with it and once we are out there, I know we will have made the right decision.

I have to admit when the day comes that I have to say goodbye to everyone I love, it will break my heart.

Laura x
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes with the move across moondevil clan...hope it all goes really smoothly for you and look forward to reading your "we've arrived" post at this end!

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:04 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

sending you a load of good wishes , and hope you settle very quickly xxx
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Wish you a safe journey Moondevil not looking forward to the farewells myself when we go,

Have a stiff drink on the plane, bawl like a babe and then look forward to the rest of your new life, Big hugs hope to hear from you soon

sue xx
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:15 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

thank you so much

just left the house and no tears, cant say the same for the rest of today as im at mums
will nip in later and see whats going on and then cold turkey until next connection
Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

Originally Posted by moondevil
thank you so much

just left the house and no tears, cant say the same for the rest of today as im at mums
will nip in later and see whats going on and then cold turkey until next connection
Ah, lots of luck with your move, im sure it,ll be fine. I have to say goodbye to my mam and sister all over again after doing it to them last year
Totaly worth it though or i wouldnt be doing it again.
Look forward to your posts when you arrive

Mandi & Daz x
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:41 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck .... Safe Travels!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, safe journey and best wishes moondevil
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Enjoy your last few hours in Lancashire and have a good flight over!

All the very best of luck!!!!

Lisa x
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:43 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
Well thats it, took just under 2yrs to get here........
Been on highes, been on some really bad lows, but now its here im scared

Spending the last 24hrs with my mum, will use her net to check stuff, but everytime i think of it i start to cry........

I wouldnt change a thing, its been a roller coaster, made loads of new friends, also made some and broke some, but thats life and we carry on.
The ones that we take with us are the quality one.
Will i miss my house in the uk....no, i fell out with it months ago.
Will i miss the town that i live in.....no it has changed for the worse over the last few years.......
I will miss the green of the countryside that i live in, my family and being able to nip and have a brew with my friends, but the life in front is good and we know we can do it.

We said goodbye to our boxes the other day and the kids just have there carr on cases, but boxes will be there next week, so not that bad for the kids.
Have one week with hubby until he starts work, alot to do and alot to sort out, im not leaving expats...ILL be back

Probably helping others to do the same move if they need it.
Thanks to those special expats who have helped us, especially gaynor who has been such a star when i couldnt sleep and listened to my major wobbles, its good to know that someone else has gone through what we are going through and has such a fab life now.

NASTY man comes and collects my interet and tv boxes shortly, so that is it, all the research, all the internet sites, all gone until i get re-connected on the otherside.
For those who are going through research and the move, yeah it is all worth it, expect to get wobbles, laughing is good, but crying really lets it all flow.

Speak on the otherside, immagration will be a breeze after the hassle we have had with our house buyers

From
ME. him and my little darlings
you will be back up and running before you know it and settled, happy landings and I look forward to that phone call that poor man got to suffer you another week before starting work best of luck to you and the family
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:44 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Moony
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Gill,have a safe flight to your new homeland
Yoong
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:36 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and best wishes to you and your family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.