Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:00 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

Wow what a humbling post!! It will be me in that position in a few weeks all the best to you and your family moondevil take care look forward to hearing from you on the other side
Bella
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:14 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

thanks for the well wishes

Been loads of tears tonight, plenty of wine and beer for OH and now 2 of the kids are asleep at last.

It has been hard for my mum, but she knows why we are doing it and stands by us, but wow the goodbyes are hard.
Feel totally done in now, but for all those who are doing it....go for it

Makes you stronger and wow how i have changed over the last few years.
Now for immagration

Also flights as we are way over the 20kg, i really hope they go easy on us, 3 kids and 5 suitcases ahhhhhhhhhhh

Last weight check they are 50kg over...
...so will they charge me......we will see

Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:23 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
thanks for the well wishes

Been loads of tears tonight, plenty of wine and beer for OH and now 2 of the kids are asleep at last.

It has been hard for my mum, but she knows why we are doing it and stands by us, but wow the goodbyes are hard.
Feel totally done in now, but for all those who are doing it....go for it

Makes you stronger and wow how i have changed over the last few years.
Now for immagration

Also flights as we are way over the 20kg, i really hope they go easy on us, 3 kids and 5 suitcases ahhhhhhhhhhh

Last weight check they are 50kg over...
...so will they charge me......we will see

Have an awesome flight G, see you on the dark side. Best wishes
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats it, took just under 2yrs to get here........
Been on highes, been on some really bad lows, but now its here im scared

Spending the last 24hrs with my mum, will use her net to check stuff, but everytime i think of it i start to cry........

I wouldnt change a thing, its been a roller coaster, made loads of new friends, also made some and broke some, but thats life and we carry on.
The ones that we take with us are the quality one.
Will i miss my house in the uk....no, i fell out with it months ago.
Will i miss the town that i live in.....no it has changed for the worse over the last few years.......
I will miss the green of the countryside that i live in, my family and being able to nip and have a brew with my friends, but the life in front is good and we know we can do it.

We said goodbye to our boxes the other day and the kids just have there carr on cases, but boxes will be there next week, so not that bad for the kids.
Have one week with hubby until he starts work, alot to do and alot to sort out, im not leaving expats...ILL be back

Probably helping others to do the same move if they need it.
Thanks to those special expats who have helped us, especially gaynor who has been such a star when i couldnt sleep and listened to my major wobbles, its good to know that someone else has gone through what we are going through and has such a fab life now.

NASTY man comes and collects my interet and tv boxes shortly, so that is it, all the research, all the internet sites, all gone until i get re-connected on the otherside.
For those who are going through research and the move, yeah it is all worth it, expect to get wobbles, laughing is good, but crying really lets it all flow.

Speak on the otherside, immagration will be a breeze after the hassle we have had with our house buyers

From
ME. him and my little darlings
Ok hun

Now you have me with tears in my eyes that you have finally made it to this stage - how may times did I tell you that everything would work out

So gutted as I should have asked you for your mom's number then I could have called you to make sure that you are alright as I havent spoken to you since Saturday Morning UK time I will worry all night now until you arrive at mine.

Will have the coffed pot on for you getting to mine - then we can chill whilst you make arrangements to get into your house.

See you at my Front Door

Lots of Love and Stuff

Gaynor
x
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:54 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

give then a bug hug from us Gay and I know you have been a star so a big hug to you as well its been hard going for them and I know when they get there everything will be just great and their new life begins im so happy that they are now on their way, have a great day when yous all meet up

kate

ps G & A might need a hair of the dog after the wine and beers
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:07 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Im here, sat in my kitchen 3am in the morning, thinking...hmmm could i get a connection
Nice people round here

Anyway quick post incase i loss connection again :curse:
Immagration a breeze, they was sooooo busy sorting another guy out that we sailed through, do you want a WP as well they asked, yes please.....so thats it.
Also got 1yr permit, expected to get 6mths as OH has to sit his electricians licence, but no we both have 1yr, she also advised that mine has the info on for the kids and school so that i can send them to school

Gaynor has been a star, all the little bits she has done is more than words can say, her and her family are tops in my eyes and i cant thank them enough, even emailed mum from hers to let her know we ha landed.

To anyone that is going through the move, wow it is soooooo worth it, have faith that it will come togeather, the wobbles are bad, i even had them at the airport and leaving my poor mum, but tobe here, in my new kitchen, no furniture, blow up beds and a fab coffee maker (thanks gay), it is soooooooo worth it.

Thanks so much for the well wishes....i catch up with pm's etc when i get my own connection
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:16 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Im here, sat in my kitchen 3am in the morning, thinking...hmmm could i get a connection
Nice people round here

Immagration a breeze, they was sooooo busy sorting another guy out that we sailed through, do you want a WP as well they asked, yes please.....so thats it.
Also got 1yr permit, expected to get 6mths as OH has to sit his electricians licence, but no we both have 1yr, she also advised that mine has the info on for the kids and school so that i can send them to school

Gaynor has been a star, all the little bits she has done is more than words can say, her and her family are tops in my eyes and i cant thank them enough, even emailed mum from hers to let her know we ha landed.

To anyone that is going through the move, wow it is soooooo worth it, have faith that it will come togeather, the wobbles are bad, i even had them at the airport and leaving my poor mum, but tobe here, in my new kitchen, no furniture, blow up beds and a fab coffee maker (thanks gay), it is soooooooo worth it.

Thanks so much for the well wishes....i catch up with pm's etc when i get my own connection
Great to hear you got there ok moondevil
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased you are there and feeling happy,

Must be so strange after all this time to be sitting in your new house ( even on blow up beds ) seems such a long way off to us at the moment,

Have a fab time settling in expect you will be very busy for the next few weeks

Big hugs, wish you all the very best
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:29 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

well done - us soon I hope
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Nice people round here

Awww loved reading your post moondevil almost feel like its preparing me too . Glad you arrived safely and are already in your new home, how exiting is that! looking forward to your next post.
Julie xx
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God that that house is ok !! Have been having kittens for the past couple of weeks ! Ask the Lethbridge Ladies and they will tell you.

But Gill - I knew that there was nothing that I sent you home with - the Bloomin' Milk is still in my fride so if you run short you know where some is.

Have a fab day and if you need anything you know where I am till 5:30pm and then afterwards !

Meet soon for more coffffeeeeeee !!!! From your machine not mine

Enjoy the first day of your new lives.

Gaynor
x
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:10 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you all got here hassle free.

When your feet have touched the ground il have the kettle on for you anytime.

But why did you have to bring the rain with you ??

Have a great week Gill, and if you want me to have you kids for you while your doing your crazy big shop,id love to help out.

Ali x Welcome to Lethbridge x
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:31 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

so happy you made it here at last you sound so happy just to be there in your kitchen ha ha will email later as we have got both schools to today kate
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:34 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: My Final farwell.....Last 24hrs

Glad to see you have finally arrived, hope all is as you have dreamed for all this time........
Have a few beers on us

Lots of love

Ste, Rain n Girls xxxx
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rainey69
Glad to see you have finally arrived, hope all is as you have dreamed for all this time........
Have a few beers on us

Lots of love

Ste, Rain n Girls xxxx
Glad you had a safe trip and are settled in your new home. You,ll be fine with Gaynor to help you, we have booked flights for the 26th October so i look forward to meeting you all xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.