Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A Multi Racial Hell-hole?

A Multi Racial Hell-hole?

Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Multi Racial Hell-hole?

Is there a grain of truth to this outrageous assertion? I left the UK in 1962 and have been back for visits. I was last back in 1999 and stayed for 6 months.

But is it really that bad?

see link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6140574.stm
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:36 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Multi Racial Hell-hole?

Yes
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
Is there a grain of truth to this outrageous assertion? I left the UK in 1962 and have been back for visits. I was last back in 1999 and stayed for 6 months.

see link

No. These nutters have been around for ages. They used to be called the National Front (formed 5 years after you left for Canada). A splinter movement formed by Nick Griffin in the linked article became the BNP.

Normally they'd be at the fringes, but they are getting credibility precisely because the Government is giving them attention.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:25 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

see link

Bad in which way?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buzz365
Bad in which way?
Bad in the way that there is so much racial hatred and as a result the (supposed?) need to tighten up on racial hatred laws.

If one looks at the link it gives the view of a muslim peer. But what of the other side of the coin?

(When I was there for 6 months in 1999 the place was relatively harmonious from what I recall.)

Last edited by montreal mike; Nov 12th 2006 at 4:42 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:49 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

Bad in the way that there is so much racial hatred and as a result the (supposed?) need to tighten up on racial hatred laws.

If one looks at the link it gives the view of a muslim peer. But what of the other side of the coin?

(When I was there for 6 months in 1999 the place was relatively harmonious from what I recall.)

I think some people and organizations have to an extent used the whole muslim terror thing as a Vehicle to voice their nutty views.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:49 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

The British Isles have been a multi-racial hellhole for several millennia.

Phoenicians, Romans, Vikings, Saxons, Normans.......just bloody name it. And what did they do for us? Dunno what the country is coming to, I really don't.

I'm sure the Queen (bless her) and her hubby must be distraught at seeing the place so full of foreigners.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:52 pm
jedi in training

Originally Posted by Souvenir
The British Isles have been a multi-racial hellhole for several millennia.

Phoenicians, Romans, Vikings, Saxons, Normans.......just bloody name it. And what did they do for us? Dunno what the country is coming to, I really don't.

I'm sure the Queen (bless her) and her hubby must be distraught at seeing the place so full of foreigners.

your so funny. have a beer on me
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Methinks they must lie awake at night.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Methinks they must lie awake at night.
I bet they got free houses and cars, too.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:19 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Yes
Like him ^^^ plus people of nationality are angry/disenfranchised/outcast enough to blow up their fellow citizens.

Hell-hole enuff for ya ?

Rich.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:28 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157
I bet they got free houses and cars, too.

K.
Only if they're Polish...
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dingbat
Only if they're Polish...
She's half German, and her husband is Greek. I saw em drivin down the Mall the other day in a sparkly gold wagon. Bloody immigrates, comin over here stealin our thrones. It aint right I tell ya.

K.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:41 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

She's half German, and her husband is Greek. I saw em drivin down the Mall the other day in a sparkly gold wagon. Bloody immigrates, comin over here stealin our thrones. It aint right I tell ya.

K.
You're gooning away any crumbs of credibility you had left.

Rich.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

K.

Bet they get everything for free too!

I mean, if you got rid of ALL the immigrants (including me), the British Isles would be empty, surely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.