Mr. Beans holiday

Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mr. Beans holiday

Has anyone seen this yet?

My kids are keen to go to the cinema during the Easter hols and I wonder whether this is worth us spending the money on.

It's certainly had lots of hype on the telly but that is not a recommendation, they just want our money!

Is it worth it then?

Robin
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr. Beans holiday

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)

My kids are keen to go to the cinema during the Easter hols and I wonder whether this is worth us spending the money on.

It's certainly had lots of hype on the telly but that is not a recommendation, they just want our money!

Is it worth it then?

Robin
Hi Robin

I think that anything with the very talented Rowan Atkinson in is worth a shot - in my mind he is one of the most talented people that the UK has brought to world attention in the last 20 years say.

Gaynor
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:21 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it worth it then?

Robin
Robin, Ellie went yesterday with her friend and loved it. Angela
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Saw it on Monday - awful. So disappointed as we are great Bean fans. Some people actually left the cinema. For once I agree with the reviews, really surprised Rowan Atkinson associated himself with this one - his films usually so good.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Saw it on Monday - awful. So disappointed as we are great Bean fans. Some people actually left the cinema. For once I agree with the reviews, really surprised Rowan Atkinson associated himself with this one - his films usually so good.

HAHAHA, now Robin's none the wiser. Personally I think it's a children and non english thing. Bit like Benny Hill without the sex.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Have you seen Rowan Atkinson in 'Keeping Mum'? Brilliant.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen Rowan Atkinson in 'Keeping Mum'? Brilliant.
As Mr Bean?
I saw him live in 1988 and he was quite funny, however it's his miming which makes him popular, especially with the kids, non-english and deaf people, look at his popularity abroad. My father-inlaw was deaf, and he thought he was great because he could understand the comedy without having to lip-read.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

No, he wasn't Mr Bean, he was an inept vicar, bit like the character he played in Four Weddings.

The reviews said that the 'Holiday' film was more like a Charlie Chaplain silent film and I would go along with that. He only said the same three words a few times and there was a lot of miming. It was so s-l-o-w. So much transport! All the best bits were on the tv trailers.

I would love to see him live!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, he wasn't Mr Bean, he was an inept vicar, bit like the character he played in Four Weddings.

The reviews said that the 'Holiday' film was more like a Charlie Chaplain silent film and I would go along with that. He only said the same three words a few times and there was a lot of miming. It was so s-l-o-w. So much transport! All the best bits were on the tv trailers.

I would love to see him live!
ALL the best bits of ALL films are on the trailers.

As Rowan Atkinson he can be quite funny, but not very. When I saw him live he did the now famous, I believe, sketch where there's a man on the beach and Atkinson arrives and starts undressing to get his swimming costume on. So he does all the sly movements and stuff because he thinks the bloke is watching him but in fact the guy is blind, as it turns out at the end.
My father in-law (not famous for his sense of humour) almost wet himself.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:10 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth it then?

Robin
wife took daughter, daughter 9 liked it, wife said it was pergurtory
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:22 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I think Rowan Atkinson is a comic genius but Mr Bean makes me writhe with the awfulness of it all. I think he is much better in 'speaking' roles such as this one for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJA9RPX9mRY

'I am the Devil, but you can call me Toby if you like!' A classic.

Interesting to see comments about 'Keeping Mum', I picked that up in the video rental place the other night but put it back. Maybe I should watch it after all.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all of your comments. It sounds like my nearly 9 year old will love it but that we will regret paying for the whole family to go. It's so frustrating paying 30 odd pounds for the family to see a film then come out afterwards wishing we hadn't bothered.

I do pay much more attention to reviews now too, but it's better to get first hand opinions.

I'll go off and see what might be worth going to see, unless you guys can come up with a decent family fun film for us....

Robin
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I think Rowan Atkinson is a comic genius but Mr Bean makes me writhe with the awfulness of it all. I think he is much better in 'speaking' roles such as this one for example:

Interesting to see comments about 'Keeping Mum', I picked that up in the video rental place the other night but put it back. Maybe I should watch it after all.
Brilliant performances by Maggie Smith and Kirsten Scott Thomas - Patrick Swayze makes an excellent slimeball.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'll go off and see what might be worth going to see, unless you guys can come up with a decent family fun film for us....

Robin
"300" is a good family fun film, your kids won't be dissapointed!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat

And of course the Black Adder series(es).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.