Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Moved: Sacking the Estate Agent.....How?

Wikiposts

Moved: Sacking the Estate Agent.....How?

Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: Sacking the Estate Agent.....How?

Thanks for all the replies, I have a meeting set up with them and am in the process out penning a 'get stuffed your fired' letter. Kate I just love what your neighbour did, but unfortunatley the sign wouldn't fit in my car (have 2 seater) or I'd copy him.

We picked them cause our neighbour worked for them, but they sacked her for no reason. They are just arses really who keep blaming the market slowdown on lack of viewings but the viewers we had said they stumbled across our house by accident, in my books they havn't worked hard enough to earn their money.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
my neighbour has just sacked his estate agent as he has not had 1 person through their door and the house has been on since the first week in augtoday he pulled down the sing chucked it in the boot of his car and drove it to the agent telling them to get stuffedwe are still waiting to see if the couple are buying our house as they are now going to see a finacial adviser to day so another day of waiting

Good luck, keeping fingers crossed for you.
We are still waiting to exchange contracts..... soon we hope
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've sacked them.

Met up with them on Monday, told them I wasn't happy, I wanted double spread, house of the week etc and got told...........so do the other 304 houses we have on our books.

I was nice and calm, told her it wasn't good enough, smiled as she left, then wrote a fantastic letter and e-mailed it.

The result is they are terminating our contract immediately with no notice period as a gesture of goodwill as I suggested.
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:56 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Brilliant news

Ours are holding us to the 14 days :curse::curse:
But come the 26th november the new agents take over, feels good

Good luck with the new agents, lets kick them all and get all these houses sold

Gill
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:59 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go for it guys, I am sure it will work out!
Good luck....
Charlie
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Brilliant news

Ours are holding us to the 14 days :curse::curse:
But come the 26th november the new agents take over, feels good

Good luck with the new agents, lets kick them all and get all these houses sold

Gill
Can pm you the letter I used if you like
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:15 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

thanks for the offer, they have tried everything to hold the house, but finally sorted

Its ok the new agent we meet tomorrow to sign and they have 7 days to sort out the advertising, they are all ready phoning there clients to advise its coming on there books so hoping theyll sell it

Im spending the next 7 days not doing any house work, so if they phone with a viewer i can say sorry, need to house clean please pass them to my new agent

Agents dont you love them :curse:
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

NO
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Hate them

Thinking of sacking my second lot, due to purchaser withdrawal on day of contracts; arnt they supposed to check the financial viability of the purchase! :curse:
Looks like I'm stuck with the 14 day rule, oh well going e-mail them tomorrow.

Good luck anyone else fighting the battle.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:38 pm

Join the 3 club

Just signed with the 3rd agent today, here goes lets see if they can sell it

Gill
Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Join the 3 club

Just signed with the 3rd agent today, here goes lets see if they can sell it

Gill

Personally tempted to go it alone, I really cant do a worse job than they have done! :curse:
Old Nov 17th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by manghams
Personally tempted to go it alone, I really cant do a worse job than they have done! :curse:
I've just told the new ones that I'll be advertising it myself too.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:27 am
Account Closed

highlandspirit8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Phoned our estete agent yesterday because our house wasn't in the paper and there was a couple of things we wern't happy with but having spoke to them I'm now really unhappy with them and want to get shut.

When I looked yesterday they want 60 days notice, nothing was mentioned about this when we signed up (I know I should have asked) and it was hidden away on the back of the form we signed about fee's (didn't even know it was there).

I know I made some mistakes (loads) but they have not done anything we have asked, told them we were unhappy with pics and asked them to redo, they haven't. Asked them to put no chain in advert/web page, they haven't. Meant to have review every month I've had to phone up and request this. I don't think that we are getting the service they offered us, especially as they say weekly advertising in the press and now tell us that it's on a rota and we won't be in every week.

Is there any way we can get out of the agreement before 60days?

Sharon
Hi Sharon,
Sorry to hear about all your selling probs. We had the same problem moving to Scotland from Manchester. We made a list with all the things we wanted changed and took it in to them and waited until we saw the manager and made an agreement that things would be altered to our satisfaction, with a time limit on when they would do it. It worked for us. Main problem I had was staying cool when I was so mad at them, but I smiled nicely and made out that it had all been a misunderstanding partly on our side as well as theirs and they were only too happy to help. It made me feel much better about things by the time I had left the office, and our house sold a few weeks later. This is much better than arguing with someone and stressing yourself out. I hope you get everything back under control and sold soon. Good luck.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:35 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I got fed up with last minute stalls on our house, and eventually told the agent that I was going to take it off the market completely, then would put it on at a later date with an agent who knew what he was doing!
The rest of the family was already in Canada by this time.

Amazingly they then "found" another client who "might be interested" ... I showed the new folks around myself as the agent was late. He offered the full asking price, and throw in my old car, and they wanted to move in within two weeks! By the time the agent arrived we had just shaken hands on the deal!!

The agent's face was an absolute picture as we both turned on him as he came through the door, and asked him how soon we could complete!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I got fed up with last minute stalls on our house, and eventually told the agent that I was going to take it off the market completely, then would put it on at a later date with an agent who knew what he was doing!
The rest of the family was already in Canada by this time.

Amazingly they then "found" another client who "might be interested" ... I showed the new folks around myself as the agent was late. He offered the full asking price, and throw in my old car, and they wanted to move in within two weeks! By the time the agent arrived we had just shaken hands on the deal!!

The agent's face was an absolute picture as we both turned on him as he came through the door, and asked him how soon we could complete!

Good for you; they really do need putting in the place.

I, like you go for the very very icily calm when dealing with them, as in I am totally dissatisfied with their unprofessional behavior.
I refused to react when given the terrible new; simply stating that I would now have to look carefully at my options and ended the call, politely, then cried before ring hubby who ranted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.