Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle riding in Canada

Motorcycle riding in Canada

Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:28 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motorcycle riding in Canada

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
OH currently debating between Ducati and Aprilla!
Which models?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:33 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Which models?
The ones in the nice colours!!!

Multistrada 1200
Shiver
RSV R
But think the insurance is gonna be prohibitive
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:41 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

The ones in the nice colours!!!

Multistrada 1200
Shiver
RSV R
But think the insurance is gonna be prohibitive
No brainer. It has to be the RSV R in that list

Instead of the Shiver or Multistrader, i'd go with the Kawasaki Z1000
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:48 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

No brainer. It has to be the RSV R in that list

Instead of the Shiver or Multistrader, i'd go with the Kawasaki Z1000
Will suggeat that - want something not too bum numbing for pillion!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

They're leather type pants you put over jeans (or thong as in the case of Harley riders) like the Biker in the village people wore
Ah, yes.

In that case they are just silly. Of course I won't say that to a 6ft brick outhouse type of a bloke wearing them, but we're entitled to our own opinions
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:03 pm
Beep

I'd say you're more prone to a pillion orgasm on the Ducati. Hope that helps

The Z1000 is a nice bike to ride, handles really well, and goes like stink. It should be cheaper than the others, more reliable, and have better running costs. That said, i'm basing that from the UK. I tested one at Donnington Park a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

I've always been a supersports rider myself but find i'm drawn to the streetfighter style bikes these days.

When he gets it, can i come have a look?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Motor cycle in Canada = Cabot Trail ride no brainer or the Icefields Parkway between Jasper & Banff.
If close enough the Beartooth Pass in Montana/Wyoming near Yellowstone Park east entrance or the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:31 pm
half a century

I'd say you're more prone to a pillion orgasm on the Ducati. Hope that helps

The Z1000 is a nice bike to ride, handles really well, and goes like stink. It should be cheaper than the others, more reliable, and have better running costs. That said, i'm basing that from the UK. I tested one at Donnington Park a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

I've always been a supersports rider myself but find i'm drawn to the streetfighter style bikes these days.

When he gets it, can i come have a look?
Yup _ will let you know _ currently checking insurance - not ridden for 5years maybe stoopidly expensive!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:59 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Yup _ will let you know _ currently checking insurance - not ridden for 5years maybe stoopidly expensive!
ICBC will just use his existing no claims for a new bike policy. I'd not had a bike for a similar amount of time, and my 42% ICBC no claims was acceptable to apply to a bike policy. I pay a little over $100 p/mth for a ZX10R
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:08 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by R I C H
ICBC will just use his existing no claims for a new bike policy. I'd not had a bike for a similar amount of time, and my 42% ICBC no claims was acceptable to apply to a bike policy. I pay a little over $100 p/mth for a ZX10R
Did you contact all the previous insurers? He is having trouble remebering who insured which bike when! Didn't keep paperwork_donut!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:18 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Did you contact all the previous insurers? He is having trouble remebering who insured which bike when! Didn't keep paperwork_donut!
No, didn't need to contact any of them - if you've already got an established no claims discount with ICBC for any other vehicle registered in his name, that can be used for a new policy whether a bike or additional car. I've 3 vehicles registered in my name, and they all draw from the same no claims discount that I gained with my first policy here.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caretaker
One beef of mine is they‘ll take the motorcycle license test on a 350 then go out and buy a bike 3X bigger and take off without the experience to handle it. There should be a graduated qualification system; 3 or 4 classes of license from scooters to 1,000cc +.

I think there should be no test at all if your willing to ride 600cc + with no helmet or safety equipment for 6 months. You would be the safest rider in the world by the end.

And all car drivers should be forced to ride a moped for 10 hours as part of there test. Would sure make them more aware of motorcycle riders.,
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:26 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by R I C H
No, didn't need to contact any of them - if you've already got an established no claims discount with ICBC for any other vehicle registered in his name, that can be used for a new policy whether a bike or additional car. I've 3 vehicles registered in my name, and they all draw from the same no claims discount that I gained with my first policy here.
Pooo - the car insurance is in my name !
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:27 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, join the club and get yourself of this

Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:33 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
In that case, join the club and get yourself of this

http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/...-am-spyder.jpg
No

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.