Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mororbike trip to AB or BC???

Mororbike trip to AB or BC???

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

mccadders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mororbike trip to AB or BC???

Im living over in Ontario and every year a couple of mates and me do a bike trip, ideally on BMW 1200's. 2010 is the 4th year and i'm trying to get the trip planned for either BC or AB.

The idea was to head west from Calgary, through Banff,Lake Louise, through the Glacier and Mt Robson parks and into Jasper and back down to Calgary etc.

BUT I cant find anyone that has 6 BMW1200's or whether we should aim for a Vancouver start and head to Wistler and area etc.

Any one got any ideas or suggestions?????

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:29 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mororbike trip to AB or BC???

Pick more interesting bikes.

Why does everyone have to ride the same model?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:31 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mccadders
Im living over in Ontario and every year a couple of mates and me do a bike trip, ideally on BMW 1200's. 2010 is the 4th year and i'm trying to get the trip planned for either BC or AB.

The idea was to head west from Calgary, through Banff,Lake Louise, through the Glacier and Mt Robson parks and into Jasper and back down to Calgary etc.

BUT I cant find anyone that has 6 BMW1200's or whether we should aim for a Vancouver start and head to Wistler and area etc.

Any one got any ideas or suggestions?????

The drive up to Whistler's & beyond is beautiful, but nothing beats the Rockies.....
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rob_999
The drive up to Whistler's & beyond is beautiful, but nothing beats the Rockies.....
Rich, you cant knock the 1200's, bullett proof and the way we ride they need to be

Rob,
I've driven from Vancouver to Whister when I had some spare time on a work trip, fantastic. Just looking for around a 1000m circuit kind of thing.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:47 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Rich, you cant knock the 1200's, bullett proof and the way we ride they need to be
Sure, they're good bikes, but if you ride them as you suggest, get something that handles mountain roads with more enthusiasm

I've driven from Vancouver to Whister when I had some spare time on a work trip, fantastic. Just looking for around a 1000km circuit kind of thing.
Do you only have one days holiday?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by R I C H
Sure, they're good bikes, but if you ride them as you suggest, get something that handles mountain roads with more enthusiasm

Do you only have one days holiday?

Haha! Managed to keep my brit holiday allowance when i came over, which was nice!

Never been to the Kamloops, whats it like there?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:58 pm
Pea Brain

Haha! Managed to keep my brit holiday allowance when i came over, which was nice!

Never been to the Kamloops, whats it like there?
Hot and dry in the summer. A few nice roads, particularly heading east towards the Shuswap lakes, and south into the Okanagan. Infomercial here: http://www.kamloops.ca/media/placeinthesun.shtml
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by R I C H
Hot and dry in the summer. A few nice roads, particularly heading east towards the Shuswap lakes, and south into the Okanagan. Infomercial here: http://www.kamloops.ca/media/placeinthesun.shtml
Nice, looks just like Milton Keynes ;-)
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:21 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

These people were very helpful to my cousin when he was visiting from the States and wanted to rent a bike for a week - not sure what range of bikes they had but he seemed to get a pretty good deal .. http://www.allseasonmotorsports.ca/r...otorycles.html.

J
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:27 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Multistrada