Moral Support Please

Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:02 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moral Support Please

Hi all,

Sent off a few job applications at the weekend and been contacted for a job, need to phone them tomorrow as they left messages on my answer phone and on my cell too. I am a bit scared and wondering what sort of questions will I ask or will they ask etc.... I might get nervous and talk too fast (try not to) they might not understand me. Anyway any advice appreciated??? :scared:

Thanks x

Emma
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:05 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moral Support Please

I can't offer any advice I'm afraid, but wish you the best of luck
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

shabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Hi all,

Sent off a few job applications at the weekend and been contacted for a job, need to phone them tomorrow as they left messages on my answer phone and on my cell too. I am a bit scared and wondering what sort of questions will I ask or will they ask etc.... I might get nervous and talk too fast (try not to) they might not understand me. Anyway any advice appreciated??? :scared:

Thanks x

Emma
Lots and lots of luck

Read something a while back where someone said that the telephone "interview" was much more of an informal chat and didn't feel like interview at all. Hope this is the case for you too and keeping fingers crossed for you.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:13 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck! Yep, speak slowly!!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hi all,

Thanks x

Emma

Best of luck and the only advice I can give is "be yourself"....works for me!

Good luck karma sent!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:39 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Emma, fingers crossed. Just be yourself, speak clearly and calmly and take a second or so pause to think ur answer through - you'll be fine hun

Let us know how it goes xx
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:49 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

They seem keen to talk if they have left more than one message. Deep breathing...in...and...out...and in...and...out. Now make the call and keep breathing....
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:18 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks x

Emma
Does picturing the interviewer naked work on a telephone interview?

Anway best of look ar kid
Old Sep 20th 2006, 12:05 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck ta ya, hope it goes well for you

Raine
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:13 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
Best of luck ta ya, hope it goes well for you

Raine
Ooooooh, good luck chick, controlling your breathing really does work, maybe writing down some questions and answers that you think they might ask and having them near the phone might help, but all in all just be yourself and try not to crack too many Billy Connolly jokes! LOL.

Fingers crossed.

Karen
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by kazbob
Ooooooh, good luck chick, controlling your breathing really does work, maybe writing down some questions and answers that you think they might ask and having them near the phone might help, but all in all just be yourself and try not to crack too many Billy Connolly jokes! LOL.

Fingers crossed.

Karen

ha ha made me chuckle
Old Sep 20th 2006, 10:59 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Thanks x

Emma
Well if its not too late, then good luck Emma. I really hope that it goes well. Relax and be yourself - dress comfortably and have a glass of water near. Let us know how you get on. All the best.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

I had an interview on my mobile last year, it lasted just over an hour. i'd listed down the questions i wanted to ask, didn't speak to fast and was prepared to explain any words they weren't use to ( local dialect ).

They said the jobs there waiting for me but couldn't help me into the country .

Best of luck emma

stuart
Old Sep 20th 2006, 11:27 am

Update they just phoned me again 12.07 (my time) The call went well he wants me to send off qualifications to get the ball rolling etc... and he said they just employed a girl from England and are currently helping her with the whole application process so he said they've got experience with the process.

They haven't officially given me the job but do say that they are VERY interested and what to send off my qualifications to get them assessed for Canadian equivilancy. Which will be helpful, I will be meeting with them in person in October but I felt really calm and knowlegeable throughout the whole phonecall. Which was good.

How scarey, I'm sooo organized (at the mo) cause I wont be moving until summer next year, I thought I'd take ages applying for work which is why I started so soon.

It was good though because he asked me about immigration stuff and I knew all the right answers and he seemed very surprised about my knowledge on the subject, so thanks to all the information everyone has given me.

Scarey stuff, oh well looking forward to my trip in about three weeks time.....

I'll keep you all posted and if it doesn't work out with this one at least I know people are interested in my skills..

Cheers Emma x
Old Sep 20th 2006, 12:14 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Update they just phoned me again 12.07 (my time) The call went well he wants me to send off qualifications to get the ball rolling etc... and he said they just employed a girl from England and are currently helping her with the whole application process so he said they've got experience with the process.

They haven't officially given me the job but do say that they are VERY interested and what to send off my qualifications to get them assessed for Canadian equivilancy. Which will be helpful, I will be meeting with them in person in October but I felt really calm and knowlegeable throughout the whole phonecall. Which was good.

How scarey, I'm sooo organized (at the mo) cause I wont be moving until summer next year, I thought I'd take ages applying for work which is why I started so soon.

It was good though because he asked me about immigration stuff and I knew all the right answers and he seemed very surprised about my knowledge on the subject, so thanks to all the information everyone has given me.

Scarey stuff, oh well looking forward to my trip in about three weeks time.....

I'll keep you all posted and if it doesn't work out with this one at least I know people are interested in my skills..

Cheers Emma x
Well done you. It sounds as though you were calm and organised. That is really good. Well I hope that it all works out.

Congrats so far.