Wikiposts

Monday's Child

Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday's Child

Canada's version where the week starts on a Sunday: I've been telling the Canadians of the house that the weekend is the end of the week but they won't have it. First day of the week is a Sunday to them.

Sunday's child is fair of face
Monday's child is full of grace,
Tuesday's child is full of woe,
Wednesday's child has far to go,
Thursday's child is loving and giving,
Friday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Saturday
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

So, does this work for those born in Canada?
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Just discovered that I was born on Monday - so now I know that the poem is not true!
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:18 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Wednesday, not so much full of woe as full of happy pills
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:58 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday. Far to go ... yes, hope so, whatever that means.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 2:18 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Tuesday boy. Not exactly full of grace. Perhaps the odd saving grace.

I don't think my father and brothers ever forgave me for being born on Shrove Tuesday. They didn't get their pancakes that year.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 3:21 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Canada's version where the week starts on a Sunday: I've been telling the Canadians of the house that the weekend is the end of the week but they won't have it. First day of the week is a Sunday to them.

Sunday's child is fair of face
Monday's child is full of grace,
Tuesday's child is full of woe,
Wednesday's child has far to go,
Thursday's child is loving and giving,
Friday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Saturday
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

So, does this work for those born in Canada?
Well that's daft as the last line is "the child that is born on the Sabbath day.."
So it has to start with Monday.

Also I doubt "grace" here means graceful but "full of grace" in a biblical Christian sense.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
..."full of grace" in a biblical Christian sense.
So full of grace you have to get rid of some of it by saying 'grace' every time you eat...something like that?