Wikiposts

Minivans

Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:18 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minivans

Originally Posted by dbd33
You can fit anything in a convertible.
Including rebar.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:26 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Including rebar.
PMSL!

To the Dodge Posse....I recognise the practicality of a minivan for those with families....even the 10 months I have of heaving around one child makes me look at sliding doors with envy. (Try getting a babyseat out of the back of a Nissan Frontier truck easily). It's just that the Dodge is Soooo cack. Someone described it as a sofa with snow tires? A sofa with snow tires would handle better...........
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:52 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
PMSL!

To the Dodge Posse....I recognise the practicality of a minivan for those with families....even the 10 months I have of heaving around one child makes me look at sliding doors with envy. (Try getting a babyseat out of the back of a Nissan Frontier truck easily). It's just that the Dodge is Soooo cack. Someone described it as a sofa with snow tires? A sofa with snow tires would handle better...........
I agree. I don't know if the new shape was just cosmetic or if the mechanicals have been improved, but when I test-drove one of the previous generation in mid-06 it was the easiest decision I've ever made to walk off the lot. I had decided we needed a minivan. Test drove the Dodge, Honda and Toyota (the Nissan salesman was so dismissive and rude I left that showroom without a second thought). The Sienna was fair to middling, the Dodge a complete pile of cack to drive, and the Honda beat them both hands-down. I, too, wouldn't consider another family bus now.

The only time I've ever been more scared in a vehicle I've been driving was when the lovely people at Avis gave me a Ford Ranger truck as an "upgrade." My God, that was a horrible piece of junk to drive. I could feel the whole thing jump sideways over the metal expansion joints on an on-ramp, it wandered alarmingly across the road in the lightest of crosswinds, and drank gas like an alcoholic goldfish in a bowl full of whisky.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:58 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Posters of a certain vintage will know that I have strong views on minivans and ever being found dead in one. Well, upon arriving at Montreal Airport Avis desk this morning I was offered the choice twixt a Hyundai Accent and a Dodge Grand Caravan. I (foolishly) opted for the Dodge. What a pile of poo that vehicle is?! Badly put together, noisy and handles like a sofa. New Canadian immigrant, I implore you to eshew the Dodge Grand Caravan in favour of anything else.

Brought to you as a public service announcement.........
You are Jeremy Clarkson, and I claim my $5!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:00 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I agree. I don't know if the new shape was just cosmetic or if the mechanicals have been improved, but when I test-drove one of the previous generation in mid-06 it was the easiest decision I've ever made to walk off the lot. I had decided we needed a minivan. Test drove the Dodge, Honda and Toyota (the Nissan salesman was so dismissive and rude I left that showroom without a second thought). The Sienna was fair to middling, the Dodge a complete pile of cack to drive, and the Honda beat them both hands-down. I, too, wouldn't consider another family bus now.

The only time I've ever been more scared in a vehicle I've been driving was when the lovely people at Avis gave me a Ford Ranger truck as an "upgrade." My God, that was a horrible piece of junk to drive. I could feel the whole thing jump sideways over the metal expansion joints on an on-ramp, it wandered alarmingly across the road in the lightest of crosswinds, and drank gas like an alcoholic goldfish in a bowl full of whisky.
Cracking simile. I shall remember it.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
You are Jeremy Clarkson, and I claim my $5!
That is being too cruel to the OP....I wouldn't wish the personality of Clarkson on anybody. Maybe he could be forced to be the special guest at the Brit show this year in Toronto.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:07 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Surely an alcoholic goldfish in a bowl full of whisky is not drinking any gas at all? I thought it a strange metaphor

Last edited by iaink; Jan 20th 2010 at 2:10 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:09 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I could feel the whole thing jump sideways over the metal expansion joints on an on-ramp, it wandered alarmingly across the road in the lightest of crosswinds, and drank gas like an alcoholic goldfish in a bowl full of whisky.

That is identical to the experience I had when my hire car was 'upgraded' to a Chrysler Pacifica. It also pulled alarmingly to the left when pulling away from the lights, but I hope that wasn't an inherent design fault.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:13 am
Slob

Surely an alcoholic goldfish in a bowl full of whisky is not drinking any gas at all? I thought it a strange metaphor
I think it's a simile, not a metaphor(e).
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:21 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a simile, not a metaphor(e).
Oi, Iain, can't you let a fellow be acknowledged for his poor attempts at creativity and humour? Souv's comment made me feel all warm and fuzzy for a moment until you popped the balloon

It is indeed a simile, not a metaphor. It was a comment on the quantity, not specifically on the nature, of liquid consumed...
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:22 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Well...thats me told
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:27 am
Slob

Well...thats me told
You are forgiven. You are, after all, a engineer.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
That is identical to the experience I had when my hire car was 'upgraded' to a Chrysler Pacifica. It also pulled alarmingly to the left when pulling away from the lights, but I hope that wasn't an inherent design fault.
You must have had the special Jack Layton edition of the Pacifica.

Last edited by Partially discharged; Jan 20th 2010 at 3:12 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:41 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

You are forgiven. You are, after all, a engineer.
Hang on, I just googled "simile"... up until now I had assumed that was just a typo of smiley

Don't you mean "a enginear"

Last edited by iaink; Jan 20th 2010 at 9:00 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:58 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
You can fit anything in a convertible.
If a sports car is a substitute for a mans small willy does the opposite apply for women who own minivans?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.