Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Midlands Meet up?????

Midlands Meet up?????

Old May 3rd 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice
Default Midlands Meet up?????

Hi folks,

just been wondering if anybody fancies another Midlands meet up? It's been a while and now the weather is getting a bit better, thought is was time to shake out the Canada flags and see who's interested.

Would be good to get numbers, locations and dates, so please come forward and let me know.

thanks to all,
regards,
Gibbo's (Carl)
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Default Re: Midlands Meet up?????

Hi Carl
we'd be interested (2 of us), be good to catch up with people see where they are along the line and what's happening

weekends we can do are:
may 10/11
may 24/25 (bank holiday w/e)
may 31/1 June
june 21/22

places - can't think of anywhere off the top of my head right now, but pretty flexible, don't even mind going back to sherwood forest again

back to my house-primping now, catch you soon
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been to a UK meet up but I would get there if I can. As for venues, I don't know where you have met in the past. I could get to Notts no problem, but wouldn't the M6 corridor be better for some midlanders?

Do you usually do a camp out thing or is it generally just a lunch/dinner thing?
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

hi both, good interest already thats what I like to see.

Dates look good, Whin week no good for us as we are away in Caravan.(that could be another meet up possibility, cus we are staying at a site just outside Newquey Wales, if anybody fancies that??)

What we did the last few times, we arranged to meet on day, but had some staying in hotels. B&B's, we were in Caravan, some in tents, some just came for the day and drove back in the evening, up to you folks. As soon as we have some idea's about venue, I/we can find some details about camping caravan sites, hotels, B&B's and go from there.

Never been to Western Park, or that sort of area, there's a place called Luds church, which is brilliant walk, through a gorge. Any idea's keep them coming.

Cheers for your replies,
Carl
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Come to think of it we are away at half term...camping in Anglesey. Looks like Wales could be the new Midlands.
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

eldoran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all..

We're definitely up for it if we can make the dates as we're away from May 30th-June 13th. It'd be our first eva Canada meet up - how excitin'!

As for venues... I'm not really sure - the area around weston park is lovely (but I've only driven past!). I don't know what areas people usually travel from - we can get to anywhere in the midlands as we're fairly central and don't mind travelling.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Eldoran,

thanks for your reply. I am trying to have a look around trying to find some idea's for the venue. What I was thinking, see who's interested and try and find somewhere in the middle, what you all think?

Please keep them coming, cheers all,

Carl
Old May 4th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi again,

just to say we can't do between 24th to 31st May, because we are away at New Quay, Wales for a week. Weekend after that is good though, I think???

Cheers all
Old May 4th 2008, 7:47 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carl,
Children and I are up for it, depending on what date you set?
Chris is already in Canada.
Charlie
Old May 4th 2008, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

We would be interested in a meet up . Were in Northamptonshire (same as Thundercat). Possibiliy the only weekend day we can do in June is the 8th, Can't to the 17th May or the Spring Bank holiday.
Old May 5th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rgilbert
We would be interested in a meet up . Were in Northamptonshire (same as Thundercat). Possibiliy the only weekend day we can do in June is the 8th, Can't to the 17th May or the Spring Bank holiday.
I would also join you but it is quite a long way to travel

Hope you have fun.

Gaynor
x
Old May 5th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh would be good to see you again, you are right though, long way.

Will keep you posted how thing go and will try and get some pic's up.

Speak soon,
regard to all,
Carl
Old May 5th 2008, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi folks,

just been wondering if anybody fancies another Midlands meet up? It's been a while and now the weather is getting a bit better, thought is was time to shake out the Canada flags and see who's interested.

Would be good to get numbers, locations and dates, so please come forward and let me know.

thanks to all,
regards,
Gibbo's (Carl)
Hi everyone, I'd love to pop along too, I'm in North Warwickshire - around 9 miles from Brum, I'll keep an eye out for the dates!
Old May 5th 2008, 6:19 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can do 10th/11th and 24th/25th May, only weekend in June I can do is 14th/15th, July any weekend I think? Leave for Canada August 3rd.....

Charlie
Old May 5th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi, more the merrier peeps,

Will have a good look tomorrow evening folks, try and sort some dates and get some idea's for a venue. Quite knackered tonight, early night for me, me thinks.

Speak soon,
Carl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.