Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Mid Life Crisis Question

Mid Life Crisis Question

Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mid Life Crisis Question

When I was younger I really wanted to be the mistress of a mobster.You get all the perks and none of the bad stuff! At 16 I very unsuccessfully tried to convince my then boyfriend to join the mafia, alas he wanted to be a writer...

Several years down the track and I married an Englishman with no connection whatsoever to the mafia or any sort of organized crime syndicate. We run our own completely legal business that promotes carpooling (check my signature, you know you want to!)

Though I must say even nowadays being an international art thief or outback bank robber does hold it's appeal (mistress is out now that I'm married). Anyone know where to get training for that?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:27 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

I wanted to be a performer of some sort for the longest time and I still get chills when I go to the theatre and think, wish I was doing that. I really wanted to be on London's West End or on Broadway doing something like Cats.

A bit too young to be having a mid life crisis (sorry to rub that in I know you are all rather "old" on here!!!! ) so I may still have time to do something about it.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:40 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
A bit too young to be having a mid life crisis (sorry to rub that in I know you are all rather "old" on here!!!! ) so I may still have time to do something about it.
Skating on thin ice young lady.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Butch - if you're old, then I'm positively mummified
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:42 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Emphasis on the YOUNG there
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:44 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Emphasis on the YOUNG there
MMMMMMMMMMMM
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Calgal
Butch - if you're old, then I'm positively mummified
Wheres MY PM?????
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Wheres MY PM?????
You mean the one's you dont bother to answer?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Wheres MY PM?????
Your wish is my command oh great one
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
You mean the one's you dont bother to answer?
So Butch ignores your pm's too! ............
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
So Butch ignores your pm's too! ............
He's fickle
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:11 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a primatologist studying baboons in Africa. Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey and Birute Galdikas were my idols. Reality? I'm an anthropologist working as a stock trader and property investor (makes sense don't it? ). Outcome - not totally satisfying -- and thinking of stepping into professional fund raising for conservation organizations and/or something to do with enviro-friendly landscaping (I have a weird and very intense passion for composting).

Save a primate - boycot palm oil.

Next?
I really did not give much thought to growing up when I was a kid. Am I the only one who did not dream of their weddiing day, future house, job, children's names etc?

Having said that, this topic often comes up in conversation (must be an age thing ) so I have really thought hard about it. The only jobs I remember contemplating were lollypop lady/school crossing patrol (because I wouldn't have to work many hours), and when it was pointed out to me that I would only get paid for the hours worked (obviously not many company board of director types moving in our family's social circle ) I decided I wanted to be a stunt"man" because then I could "ride my bike and stuff all the time"

I achieved neither of these ambitions - I work in environmental research.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a teen I learnt to play the guitar and wanted to be a session musician. For most of my working life I've been an Administrator/Secretary

Ah well, maybe I'll come back as a rock chick in my next life
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:29 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I never knew what I wanted to be and still don't, which is why consultancy is probably ideal for me. Every project is different. I also act as an online spelling and grammar checker for my missus.

Looking back, I should probably have become a carpenter/furniture maker.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:40 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

MMMMMMMMMM

When growing up as a lad in the ghettos of Glasgow I always dreamed of being an airline pilot

My dad was and Army instrutor in car mechanics in the R.E.M.E. ( Army ) and I was always working on cars with my dad from a very young age.

So before I left school I tried to get into the R.E.M.E. ( Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers ) where my dad was a staff seargent instructor in Vehicle Mechanics.
I failed the entrance exam by 2 points and was offered The Royal Engineers, my dads reply was that they were a bunch of useless poofters who knew nothing about mechanics !!!!!!

So left school and went and started my appenticeship as a motor mechanic and there I was until I finished my City and Guilds !!!

Left there as soon as my time was up and went into welding as the money was rubbish as a newly qualified mechanic !!
Stayed there until 1995 when work as a welder was sparce and joined the prison service, and there I am today

So from nearly being in the army, to being a car mechanic in civvy street, to being a welder, to being a screw ( slang for prison officer ) !!!
PS also work part time as HGV Class one driver ( driving arcticulated trucks )

So on day I will get my pilots wings, and I will do it !!!!!

Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.