Mennonites

Old Jul 27th 2018, 2:26 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mennonites

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...the-mennonites

Mennonites on the move ! It's those bloody ex-Londoners (etc) moving into their back yard and jacking up property prices. Nevertheless, good for Atlantic Canada to get some inward migration.
Old Jul 27th 2018, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mennonites

Originally Posted by Shard

Mennonites on the move ! It's those bloody ex-Londoners (etc) moving into their back yard and jacking up property prices. Nevertheless, good for Atlantic Canada to get some inward migration.
Interesting article. Upstate New York (St Lawrence County especially) has a number of Mennonites living there. Not sure where they came from originally. I've been in a few homes that they have built (with literally nothing in the way of drawings) in that area and they are beautiful
Old Jul 27th 2018, 4:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...good for Atlantic Canada to get some inward migration.

We can't do it on our own.
Justin Ryan, PR Officer for the Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area, said Moncton welcomes approx 1500 immigrants per year and that willl increase as New Brunswick continues to promote immigration from around the world. He said the Multicultural festival and the new parade of nations shows that Moncton is a welcoming place.
We wanted a place with a strong community
Old Jul 27th 2018, 4:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I see myself as a provider of employment, an asset to the Mennonites. Do you know how much back breaking toil I have given their child labourers?

The article interested me too though I felt it conflated issues affecting many people (loss of farmland, barriers to entry in agriculture) with those of concern only to the religious (legal requirements that children be educated, access to healthcare for non-taxpayers).

Something quite odd is that, since we've relocated the horses from being 20 minutes one way from the house to 20 minutes the other way, we no longer see horses and carts en route, it's all Audis now. Zipless clothes are out, tats are in.

Last edited by dbd33; Jul 27th 2018 at 4:21 pm.