Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Marmite and PG Tips in the container?

Marmite and PG Tips in the container?

Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of
Default Re: Marmite and PG Tips in the container?

Well we used PSS and they told us the same so we didnt put any food in our container at all. Knowing our luck ours would of been the one searched and we really wanted our stuff ASAP!

We do know people who have put food in their container and its been fine so i would say its the "luck of the Draw"!

But you can buy Marmite here and also PG Tips so maybe you might wanna leave it out of the container!

Good luck with what you choose to do!

Where abouts are you heading???

Thanks
Lisa dd
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future

We do know people who have put food in their container and its been fine so i would say its the "luck of the Draw"!

Anyone know what the fine would be?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:16 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Well...I packed two cases of Bachelors processed peas into my container and had no problem....I even mentioned them on the 'goods to follow' list for Canadian Customs.

Alas they are long gone.......one of the few food items I really miss from the UK.
You can buy those in Loblaws/Great Canadian Superstore too..................
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:50 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Well...I packed two cases of Bachelors processed peas into my container and had no problem....I even mentioned them on the 'goods to follow' list for Canadian Customs.

Alas they are long gone.......one of the few food items I really miss from the UK.
Are you from Yorkshire? Oops, no Scotland, just noticed.

Last edited by Bali2010; Nov 4th 2009 at 8:55 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=elizabeth_action;8069774]We do know people who have put food in their container and its been fine so i would say its the "luck of the Draw"!

Or should that read 'the duck of the law?'
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=elizabeth_action;8071726]
Originally Posted by elizabeth_action

Or should that read 'the duck of the law?'
Only if you're dyslexic and have had a sense of humour amputation.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know what the fine would be?
It's not a fine. It's more that when the customs persons see that food is listed they may decide to open the whole container to check it. This is at your expense and incovenience.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;8071731]

Only if you're dyslexic and have had a sense of humour amputation.
Sense of humour amputation? There's no 'arm in that!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fledermaus
It's not a fine. It's more that when the customs persons see that food is listed they may decide to open the whole container to check it. This is at your expense and incovenience.
Do they charge by the hour?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they charge by the hour?
I have no idea so I used the wonderful search function and found out the Ann M had her container opened. So you could pm her and ask all about it

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ainer+searched
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I have no idea so I used the wonderful search function and found out the Ann M had her container opened. So you could pm her and ask all about it

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ainer+searched
Thanks very much.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:31 pm

Peterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant futurePeterfrombournemouth has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bali2010
not transported Marmite but for several years heinz tinned sponges were a required entry to my sister's house.
went in the case & never had a problem.

they have found a 'little britain' store since.
Reading all these threads really makes me hungry for nosh I had forgoten about years ago , I will have to go to the "Chocolate Box " on Donlands Ave and have a Binge , they sell all this stuff , but very pricey , wife gets me a big assortment for birthdays and Xmas treats " Bless her cotton socks "
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

We brought Yorkshire Tea and Heniz Baked Beans in our container and included them in our goods to follow list. The Immigration Officer was beside himself in case the beans included pork until I was able to show him the receipt from Morrisons which I'd handily kept with the paperwork for some reason! We also had to take the beans back to show him the next day ... ...no, really. Hilarious. (If we hadn't offered to do this he could have ordered everything to be unpacked and checked at our expense.)

You ARE allowed to bring these items in (no meat) so just be honest. Believe me, we had such a jobsworth IO and if it wasn't allowed he would have taken great delight in telling us so and personally slapping our wrists!

Lovely beans ....96 tins...... yep you can buy them here but they cost $10 for 4 in our local Scottish butchers/deli.

Good luck!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 1:27 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monkey Puzzle

Lovely beans ....96 tins...... yep you can buy them here but they cost $10 for 4 in our local Scottish butchers/deli.

Good luck!
I see you landed on October 20th. I hope you haven't got through the 96 cans just yet, because I have an interest in air quality.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I see you landed on October 20th. I hope you haven't got through the 96 cans just yet, because I have an interest in air quality.
Well, we shipped our container when still on TWPs so the beans arrived in Feb! I daren't look at how many are left in the stash.

They've become a delicacy, a treat to be savoured and not to be eaten lightly.. If we REALLY like someone we might even serve them a few spoonfuls when they come to dinner. And TWO tins were wrapped up for a Brit friend for his birthday. Generous or what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.